cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

ThingWorx Analytics server crashes after start

tyadav
1-Newbie

ThingWorx Analytics server crashes after start

Hi,

The Thingworx analytics server which I am trying to work on is crashing soon after it starts. Some microservices come in the failed state after a few seconds of starting or restarting the server. It was working perfectly for the first few days after installation as I ran some test on it using the sample data (nothing fancy, just the basic model generation, signal generation etc.)

I have also checked the application key for the expiration date and it is well under validity period. Please find the attached screenshot for the status check the message.

Also, the models  which were created with the sample dataset are nowhere to be found and if I am trying to make new models using the same beanpro dataset then the job is 'failing' (attached screenshot))

The server has a native Linux deployment.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:tyadav)

Tushar,

The issue you are facing could be do to improperly shutting down your VM. A Graceful shut down (external link on what a Graceful shutdown does) is using the shutdown command either via GUI or terminal to turn off the OS. If you just power off the VM without using the shutdown command, it can corrupt the ThingWorx Analytics installation.

You will have to review your ThingWorx Application Log to see what error message you are recieving.

In this article, we talk about how to determine what the root cause of the issue may be, and how to resolve it manually.  Otherwise you may need to re-install your Analytics Server application.

Regards,

Neel

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nsampat
17-Peridot

Tushar,

Thank you for posting your question.

I have a few questions:

Are you using a VM to run Analytics Server? If yes, are performing a graceful shutdown/restart of the appliance?

If you are using a Physical Host, did your OS have a halt or suddenly shut down while the application was in use?

Have you attempted a manual restart of the Analytics Server using the commands found in this Technical Blog?

Regards,

Neel

tyadav
1-Newbie
(To:nsampat)

Hey Neel Sampat,

Yes I am using a VM (Virtual Box - 64 bit Ubuntu)

The only restart and status check I am performing is through the commands mentioned in this blog. Starting & Stopping ThingWorx Analytics 8.1 (Native Linux Deployment)

What exactly does the graceful shutdown/restart mean? Is it different from the ones which mentioned in the above blog? I am very very new to Linux and VMs.

Hope this clarifies your questions.

Best regards,

Tushar

nsampat
17-Peridot

Tushar,

The issue you are facing could be do to improperly shutting down your VM. A Graceful shut down (external link on what a Graceful shutdown does) is using the shutdown command either via GUI or terminal to turn off the OS. If you just power off the VM without using the shutdown command, it can corrupt the ThingWorx Analytics installation.

You will have to review your ThingWorx Application Log to see what error message you are recieving.

In this article, we talk about how to determine what the root cause of the issue may be, and how to resolve it manually.  Otherwise you may need to re-install your Analytics Server application.

Regards,

Neel

tyadav
1-Newbie
(To:nsampat)

Hey Neel Sampat

It works now after reinstallation.

Thanks!

Regards,

Tushar

Top Tags