cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

ThingWorx CI/CD

czjakubo
5-Regular Member

ThingWorx CI/CD

Hello,

I would like to ask about the best approach for CI/CD. Right now we are facing issues, when multiple developers are working simultaneously and they are influencing each other. What is the best approach to mitigate this?

I found this article https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thingworx-and-Visual-Studio-Code-with-any-Source-Control-CI-CD/m-p/598767

Unfortunately I am unable to make it work. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

While I can't give you a perfect recipe for this, I can point you in the direction of a very nice article wrote by my colleagues from the Enterprise Deployment Center. The article is available here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/ThingWorx-DevOps-with-Jenkins/m-p/684393#M1683

The TLDR version is the following:

-you need a devops engineer

-within PTC we have built as an example, a Jenkins-based CI/CD Chain (also includes a testing framework). Kudos to Costin Badici for his initiative around this.

-the devops engineer can look at this example and design, based on it, your own CI/CD chain in any other tool you use internally

If you want, we also have the capability to help you design such a chain, please contact your Customer Success Manager and ask for this kind of support. Note that without devops skills that handle all the microissues related to such a chain, it is usually hard to maintain it correctly, as it always evolves in some direction or another.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

While I can't give you a perfect recipe for this, I can point you in the direction of a very nice article wrote by my colleagues from the Enterprise Deployment Center. The article is available here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/ThingWorx-DevOps-with-Jenkins/m-p/684393#M1683

The TLDR version is the following:

-you need a devops engineer

-within PTC we have built as an example, a Jenkins-based CI/CD Chain (also includes a testing framework). Kudos to Costin Badici for his initiative around this.

-the devops engineer can look at this example and design, based on it, your own CI/CD chain in any other tool you use internally

If you want, we also have the capability to help you design such a chain, please contact your Customer Success Manager and ask for this kind of support. Note that without devops skills that handle all the microissues related to such a chain, it is usually hard to maintain it correctly, as it always evolves in some direction or another.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VladimirRosu)

Hi @czjakubo.

If you are satisfied with the response provided by @VladimirRosu, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags