cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ThingWorx Foundation Admin user locked

Rick-Stanley
16-Pearl

ThingWorx Foundation Admin user locked

I was using the wrong password to log into my 8.1 ThingWorx server as Administrator and according to the security log that user is now locked:

User LOCKED after 6 login attempts for [user = Administrator] within 5 minutes

I only discovered this after FTPing into the server and reading the SecurityLog.log. The login dialog does not report either the user is about to be locked or that it has been locked.

How do I unlock this user?

As a future feature request, the fact that a user is about to be locked and then is locked should be surfaced to the user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may set up the account lockout settings in System -> Subsystems -> userManagementSubsystem

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/#page/ThingWorx%2FThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles%2FSecurity%2FUsers%2FUserAccountLockout.html

This is the current default;

If you have an applicationkey associated with an administrator, you may reset your password with a rest call via the appkey

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You may set up the account lockout settings in System -> Subsystems -> userManagementSubsystem

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/#page/ThingWorx%2FThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles%2FSecurity%2FUsers%2FUserAccountLockout.html

This is the current default;

If you have an applicationkey associated with an administrator, you may reset your password with a rest call via the appkey

Thank you, I was able to sign-in after the 15 minute lock-out period expired.

My feature request still applies, this lock-out time period should be made visible to the user so they aren't searching for a different password when the one they trying is correct. The SecurityLog.log file is also no help, it logs the same message for incorrect password as it does for a correct password entered during the timed lock-out period.

I will place an enhancement request on your behalf, thank you.

Top Tags