cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ThingWorx Foundation Server installation: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

aarushi_mittal2
11-Garnet

ThingWorx Foundation Server installation: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

Hello Team,

I tried installing my 120 day Trial Thingworx foundation server however the installation terminates and i get an error for "post installation set up cannot be processed. Installation may have failures ."

PFA the log file also that us generated.

I am using jdk 11

The JAVA_HOME path points to my jdk 11.

Also, I have not selected the default ssl option.

Any help would be appreciated

Regards,

Aarushi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

Please try it with JDK 8 to see if you encounter the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

JDK 11 is not yet supported.  Please install JDK 8 to see if this resolves the issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello ,

I tried with jdk 8, but no luck

I also tried outside my corporate proxy as i felt the installation terminated while waiting for connection to the IoT platform.

ErrorInPostValidationScripts.pngStuckOnWaitingForTWPlatform.pngTWInstallationIssue.png

PFA my error log and pictures.

Regards,

Aarushi

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

A few questions.

- Is this the first attempt at installing a trial version?  If so, was it ever working?  Or did you have a previous version of the trial software installed?  If you had a previous version that has now expired, you will be unable to run another trial without rebuilding your o/s or using a different machine that has not previously been used for a ThingWorx trial.

- Did you validate the system requirements per the installation guide?

- When you run the installer, are you running it as Administrator?  Do you have full rights on the machine?  The log errors indicate a problem with the creation of the service and modification of the path.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello Sharon,

Please find my responses inline:

@slangley wrote:

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

A few questions.

- Is this the first attempt at installing a trial version? YES

If so, was it ever working? no . As this is my first time

Or did you have a previous version of the trial software installed? no

If you had a previous version that has now expired, you will be unable to run another trial without rebuilding your o/s or using a different machine that has not previously been used for a ThingWorx trial.

- Did you validate the system requirements per the installation guide? YES.  There is just one difference - I have a Windows 10 Enterprise machine. However , a collegue at a remote location is able to make it work with this and jdk 11.

- When you run the installer, are you running it as Administrator?  Do you have full rights on the machine?  The log errors indicate a problem with the creation of the service and modification of the path.

Yes. I am running as admin.

Regards.

--Sharon

Regards,

Aarushi

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

Please try it with JDK 8 to see if you encounter the same issue.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hello Sharon,

I am successfully able to install the Thingworx foundation server locally with jdk 8 and administrator privilege.

My java settings were not correct.

I wanted to know if after this 120 day trial period I would be able to establish another server installation with a different id on the same machine.

Regards,

Aarushi

Hi @aarushi_mittal2.

We do not support the installation of multiple instances of ThingWorx on the same machine, and the installer will fail once it determines that another instance is installed or was previously installed.

If you are interested in extending the trial beyond 120 days, you can reach out to the Sales team for discussing a license extension.  You can contact them here.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags