cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ThingWorx Upgrade 8.0 to 8.1 ptc-windchill-demo- thing is not running

mnalla
7-Bedrock

ThingWorx Upgrade 8.0 to 8.1 ptc-windchill-demo- thing is not running

Hello All,

I upgraded thingWorx_8.0.1 to 8.1.3 and ThingWorx Navigate_1.5.0 to 1.6.0.

It's upgraded fine. I have a developed extension. If i import this developed extension into 8.1. ptc-windchill-demo thing is not running.

When i delete this developed extension then ptc-windchill-demo thing is working.

Can anyone please suggest the solution and cause behind it

Regards,

madhu

5 REPLIES 5
hselarka
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnalla)

Hi Madhu,

Seems like the custom extension you have created is not compatible with ThingWorx 8.1 or Navigate 1.6 release. Please provide details on what kind of extension it is and what error you get while running ptc-windchill-demo-thing.

BR,

Harsh Selarka

mnalla
7-Bedrock
(To:hselarka)

Hi Harsha,

ThankYou for the reply. 

The developed custom extension  provide the data from applications such as Jama and Jira. We went to eclipse and built the extension with the new extension sdk jars, still the same problem is persisting.

{ ERROR] [O: c.t.w.BaseService] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: https-jsse-nio-443-exec-29] [context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@24434000][message: Thing [ptc-windchill-demo-thing] is not running]

The thing is loosing its dependencies:

please see the attachment.error.png

Regards,

madhu

hselarka
14-Alexandrite
(To:mnalla)

Hi @mnalla,

How feasible is it for you to share the customized extensions you have created? Please share it if possible. Also let us know for what use case these extensions were developed.

BR,

Harsh Selarka

rajunall
5-Regular Member
(To:hselarka)

Hello Harsha,

It is not possible to share the extension. This developed to show the data of projects and its issues on the UI.

Regards,

madhu

hselarka
14-Alexandrite
(To:rajunall)

Hi @rajunall ,

If its not possible to share the extensions over this, feel free to create a TS case so we can investigate it in better way.

BR,

Harsh Selarka

Top Tags