cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ThingWorx Version Upgrade 4.2 to 5.X

ptc-6292037
1-Newbie

ThingWorx Version Upgrade 4.2 to 5.X

Hi,

I need to upgrade existing version (4.2) to 5.X.Please assist on following key points as below:

1. Is there any separate guide/document just for upgrading version of ThingWorx?

2. Can I upgrade it to 5.3 (latest) directly? will it cause instability in my application?

3. If I cannot upgrade it to 5.3 directly,then do I need to do it like 4.2 to 5.0 then 5.0 to 5.1/5.2/5.3 ?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Go to Download section. Under leftmost big "Download" button there is a link to Installation and Configuration document. "<a class="widget-link textsize-normal" href="https://twc.thingworx.com/Thingworx/FileRepositoryDownloader?download-repository=ThingWorxPublicRepository&amp;download-path=%2FDocumentation%2F5+0+Install+and+Configuration.pdf" target="_blank" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; filter: none; color: rgb(57, 108, 191); cursor: pointer; height: 20px; width: 135px; line-height: 20px; display: inline !important; background-image: url(https://twc.thingworx.com/Thingworx/Common/extensions/Linkv2_ExtensionPackage/ui/linkv2/images/clear.png); background-attachment: scroll; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: repeat;">Installation &amp; Configuration</a>"

On page 5 there is subtitle "Upgrading when there are schema changes". Take a look at this. Also ensure that you've read Migration FAQ in this document. 

I'll go with upgrading 5.3 directly. But make sure you have backup. Just in case.

Mateusz,

Thaumatec

Hi Mateusz,

Thanks for the reply.
Is there any specific document or guide which includes all possible errors/issues,can occur while migration as well as pre-checks to be done before starting version migration?

I don't think there is any. 

Please note that we recommend you use Support.PTC.Com for the latest downloads.

Thanks!

Top Tags