cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ThingWorx cluster deployment for horizontal scalability

seanccc
17-Peridot

ThingWorx cluster deployment for horizontal scalability

Hi , 

My customer has 700 devices connected to ThingWorx in factory A.  The customer wants to has another 1000 devices in factory B  connected to ThingWorx next year.

Single server may not stand it , so I'm thinking the horizontal scalability.  I only found guide for high available deployment but didn't find guide for horizontal scalability deployment ,  does ThingWorx support cluster deployment for horizontal scalability ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:seanccc)

The device number shared by you are not very high to tackle load by a single server. Although it depends on he use case and many other factors like properties per device/frequency of data etc .Right now it's active/passive configuration using HA deployment. I believe your question is about many TWX server sharing load instead of having an active/passive configuration for that in future release (TWX 9.0) cluster deployment will come.

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mnarang
17-Peridot

The device number shared by you are not very high to tackle load by a single server. Although it depends on he use case and many other factors like properties per device/frequency of data etc .Right now it's active/passive configuration using HA deployment. I believe your question is about many TWX server sharing load instead of having an active/passive configuration for that in future release (TWX 9.0) cluster deployment will come.

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang  

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:mnarang)

@mnarang ,

Yes, my question is about many TWX server sharing load.  Do you know the time plan of releasing ThingWorx 9.0 ? 

Regards,

Sean

mnarang
17-Peridot

There is no exact timeline shared I believe .It should be in early 2020 .If i will get an exact timeline, will let you know about it .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang  

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:mnarang)

@mnarang ,

Thank you . 

Regards,

Sean

Top Tags