cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

ThingWorx platform 8.4.2 503 Service not found error

AnirudhaPansare
3-Visitor

ThingWorx platform 8.4.2 503 Service not found error

I am installing ThingWorx platform 8.4.2. After deploying Thingworx.war file, I am getting an error after launching the Composer. The error is "503 Service Unavailable".

Apache tomcat version : 8.5.28

PostgreSQL version : 9.4.26

Thingworx version : 8.4.2

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @AnirudhaPansare 

Could you check the logs at the following location for more descriptive error :

<Tomcat>/logs

<ThingWorxStorage>/logs folder

Thank you

Christophe

@cmorfin 

Hi,

Please find attached logs and platform.json file.

Hi @AnirudhaPansare 

You do have issue connecting to Postgres, especially the error  ERROR: column "configurationTableDefinitions" does not exist suggests that the database has not been created properly.

I would recommend you drop and recreate the database and schema (since that is a fresh install with no data in it).

Follow the steps from http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FInstallation%2FInstallation%2Finstall_and_configure_postgresql_windows.html%23

Also ensure that the database connection are correct in your platform-settings.json.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS235937 has got some useful points to check too.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Hi,

Make sure Tomcat is running if that's working try adding one more Environment Variable like below:

C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions

if it resolve the issue then its fine else execute thingworx.rar again. It will definitely resolve the issue.

Regards

Shyam

@BABA-SHYAM 

Hi Shyam,

I tried to redeploy Thingworx.war file but still my issue was not resolved.

Please confirm the variable name which should be set with a given path.

No variable required. Follow below path:

Go to "This PC" right click and got to properties.
In advance System setting click environment variables.

Below Under System variables, find Path variable name and double click it and enter a new row and paste the above path which I mentioned in another reply.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BABA-SHYAM)

Hi @AnirudhaPansare.

If one of the previous posts allowed you to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.  If you are still having an issue, I would be happy to open a case on your behalf.  If you agree, please send a private message with your company name and PTC support email address.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @AnirudhaPansare.

Did either of the previous replies help you to resolve your issue?  If so, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same problem.

If you still need assistance, please provide the following:

• Logs located at \ThingworxStorage\logs
  • Tomcat logs located at <tomcat_home>\logs
  • The platform-settings.json file located at ThingworxPlatform

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley 

Hi Slangley,

My issue is not resolved.

Please refer attached files as requested.

Top Tags