cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx source control with git clean & smudge report error

seanccc
17-Peridot

ThingWorx source control with git clean & smudge report error

Hi, 

I'm referring the article to config git : 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS267770

I've followed the last section "Updating ThingWorx with Import of a Project from Git" to config the clean and smudge,  but  run git add / git status report the error below,  the replace command doesn't work.  

sed: no input files                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
error: external filter 'sed -i 's/lastModifiedDate=[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]/lastModifiedDate=/g'' failed 4                                                                                      
error: external filter 'sed -i 's/lastModifiedDate=[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9].[0-9][0-9][0-9]-[0-9][0-9]:[0-9][0-9]/lastModifiedDate=/g'' failed                                                                                        

could someone help on it ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jimwang
14-Alexandrite
(To:seanccc)

I contacted Sean and the issue was resolved with the below suggestion:

git config filter.thingworx.clean "sed -e 's/lastModifiedDate=\".*$/lastModifiedDate=\"\"/g'"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jimwang
14-Alexandrite

I contacted Sean and the issue was resolved with the below suggestion:

git config filter.thingworx.clean "sed -e 's/lastModifiedDate=\".*$/lastModifiedDate=\"\"/g'"

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Since the solution has been provided, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags