cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingworx 7.4 MSSQL Install Errors

mfelton
1-Newbie

Thingworx 7.4 MSSQL Install Errors

When executing the 'thingworxMssqlDBSetup.bat' file i get an error stating

"Sqlcmd: Error: Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server: TCP Provider: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

Here are the parameters i am using, the database is on the same machine so localhost should be correct.

server=localhost

serverinstance=SQLEXPRESS

port=1433

adminusername=sa

loginname=twadmin

database=thingworx

thingworxusername=%loginname%

schema=twschema

I have also checked that remote connections are enabled and that TCP/IP is also enabled for the SQL service. Anyone else had this issue?

Specs:

Windows Server 2012

Tomcat 8.0.33

jdk-8u121

SQL Server Express 2014

Thingworx 7.4 MSSQL

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found the solution.

In the Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for *instancename* -> TCP/IP Properties -> Ip Addresses.

On all the available IPs i had to define the port was 1433 as seen below, after that, no problem!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:mfelton)

Matthew, is the Mixed mode enabled for the authentication on that particular instance? Are you able to authenticate on that instance via SQL Management Studio using SQL Server Authentication, apart from the default Windows authentication ?

Yes on both counts, I log in via SQL Server Authentications using the 'sa' account on the management studio which logs me in correctly without error.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Strange, i haven't had such an issue. Could you please try telnet something like this from the command prompt telnet <yourLocalIP> 1433

also please ensure that the SQL Server Browser Window's service is running

If this still doesn't help I would test by disabling the firewall/antivirus application, despite it's on local machine, just to ensure that somehow its not blocked. And if this would help add the exception to the firewall manually before switching it back on.

so i cant connect via telnet, but wouldn't i need a telnet server running?

Also the only services i have running SQL related are

Is this correct?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yes SQL Server Browser looks fine, I think yes you will have to enable/install at least the Telnet client. You can enable it from the Server Manager > Manage > Add Roles and Features then go to Select Features -  i think enabling Telnet client will be sufficient for testing.

Yeah i had already enabled both the client and the server, and the command couldn't connect

Found the solution.

In the Configuration Manager -> SQL Server Network Configuration -> Protocols for *instancename* -> TCP/IP Properties -> Ip Addresses.

On all the available IPs i had to define the port was 1433 as seen below, after that, no problem!

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Interesting! Glad it has worked!

Hi Guys,

I am facing same problem and I am not getting any luck with the proposed solutions.

This is what I am getting:

I have entered that 1433 port in every IP as well.

But still I am getting this problem!!!!!!
Please help me.......Thanks

adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:pagrawal-2)

Hi,

If you did restart the SQL service after you did the changes that Matthew suggested and it still doesn't work, just change the status of the TCP/IP protocol from the SQL Server Configuration Manager from Disabled to Enabled, restart the service again and try. For me it worked like that

Thanks

its this solution for ThingWorx-Platform-Mssql-8-1-0? I have same error message?

Kishore_K
14-Alexandrite

Thank you Matthew, you saved my day!!!

Top Tags