cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Thingworx 8.1 licensing error

AkshayKumar
10-Marble

Thingworx 8.1 licensing error

Hey all,

I need Help ,Till last week i was able to Open my Thingworx 8.1 and was Working on my projects.

But i dont know why!, i am not able to open Thingwork, Tomcat will shutdown immediately.

and Application log shows this message

"Unable to retrieve license from FNO server because Unable to acquire twx_asst_adv: Requested feature was not found.[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@2ee1eb7b"

I have attached Applicationlog file also,Please Help me with That.

Thank you,

Regards,

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AkshayKumar)

Hi @AkshayKumar.

Were any extensions installed, such as Manufacturing or Service Apps?  Asset Advisor (twx_asst_adv) is a component of these Apps.  If so, the license file would require update.

Also check the platform-settings.json file to see if it contains valid login information and Activation ID's.  If so, remove the statement for Activation ID's as it is no longer needed.

It may be necessary to validate your entitlements and check your license file once you provide more details.  Another possibility is that a component has now expired requiring the license file to be updated.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AkshayKumar.

Were any extensions installed, such as Manufacturing or Service Apps?  Asset Advisor (twx_asst_adv) is a component of these Apps.  If so, the license file would require update.

Also check the platform-settings.json file to see if it contains valid login information and Activation ID's.  If so, remove the statement for Activation ID's as it is no longer needed.

It may be necessary to validate your entitlements and check your license file once you provide more details.  Another possibility is that a component has now expired requiring the license file to be updated.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi Sharon ,

Thank you for your replay,

i have Checked all as u said but still facing same problem.

Regards,

Akshay

Yeah Thank you Sharon,

i have updated license and its working now.

Regards,

Akshay

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AkshayKumar.

Thank you for advising.  Please mark the "Accepted Solution" so we can close out this thread.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags