cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx 8.2 Corpoarte Active Directory Integration

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx 8.2 Corpoarte Active Directory Integration

Hello,

I am trying to integrate the Active Directory to Thingworx 8.2 environment. I am following CS221840.  What have you done to import users in bulk (200+ users). According to the CS article, users should be existing in the TWX when they login for the first time.

thanks,

Preeti

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @PreetiGupta,

You can use attached AD entity, which will automatically create user in Thingworx.

Before importing XML you have to edit XML with your AD Ip, AdminBind and UserBind.

Regards,

Velkumar R

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:PreetiGupta)

Hi @PreetiGupta

I just wanted to follow up and see if your question has been answered.  If so, please indicate Accepted Solution for the benefit of the rest of our Community users.  If not, please let us know your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

sushanjs
4-Participant
(To:Leigh)

@Leigh Actually we are implementing a standalone authentication and authorization system for Thingworx , with our own Active Directory Service, So my question is what are the configurations / steps  we should take to integrate Thingworx with our Active Directory Service. If i can get a documentation / reference would be fine for it.

Thanks

sushan

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:sushanjs)

Hi @PreetiGupta sounds like you are looking to develop your own authentication extension for ThingWorx. Would recommend checking the Authenticators section in the Help Center which covers the custom authenticator extension development process both for authenticating users and edge devices

Top Tags