cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Thingworx 8.4 PostgreSql installation error

A.Asir
7-Bedrock

Thingworx 8.4 PostgreSql installation error

Hi

I have the same problem, how can I fix it? 

C:\Users\TwxAdministrator\Downloads\MED-61111-CD-084_SP14_ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-8-4-14\install>thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat
Server=localhost
Port=5432
Database=thingworx
Tablespace=thingworx
Tablespace Location=/ThingworxPostgresqlStorage
Admin User=postgres
Thingworx User=twadmin
Azure Managed Instance=""
Start Execution
Password for user postgres:
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:1: ERROR: role "twadmin" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:3: ERROR: tablespace "thingworx" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:5: ERROR: tablespace "thingworx" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:14: ERROR: role "twadmin" does not exist
psql:./thingworx-database-setup.sql:16: ERROR: database "thingworx" does not exist
Press any key to continue . . .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:A.Asir)

Hi @A.Asir.

Please refer to these instructions in the ThingWorx Help Center for setting up the thingworx database and twadmin user in PostgreSQL.  Also, in the DBsetup script, change the Tablespace Location to an absolute path.  For example:

Tablespace Location=C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:A.Asir)

Hi @A.Asir.

Please refer to these instructions in the ThingWorx Help Center for setting up the thingworx database and twadmin user in PostgreSQL.  Also, in the DBsetup script, change the Tablespace Location to an absolute path.  For example:

Tablespace Location=C:\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

Regards.

--Sharon

A.Asir
7-Bedrock
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

Thank you for your time! 

I have now received a new error message. Could you help me with that. 

psql: error: could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274d/10061) is the server running on host "localhost" (::1) and accepting tcp/ip connections on port 5432? could not connect to server: connection refused (0x0000274d/10061) is the server running on host "localhost" (127.0.0.1) and accepting tcp/ip connections on port 5432? press any key to continue . . .

Best Regards 

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @AA_9717466.

You need to update the platform-settings.json file located in \ThingworxPlatform with the host, port and login credentials for the db.  If you've already done that, it's likely there is a typo.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags