cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx 8.4 tomcat error: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed

seanccc
17-Peridot

Thingworx 8.4 tomcat error: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed

Hi,

I do NOT enable SSL in tomcat, but launch tomcat raise error below.  You can find the complete log and the server.xml in the attachment.  

ThingWorx version: 8.4

Tomcat: 9.0 (Tomcat 8.5 has the same issue)

Database: PostgreSql 10

==================================================================

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
at com.sun.crypto.provider.JceKeyStore.engineLoad(JceKeyStore.java:879)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(Unknown Source)
at com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider.loadKeystore(KeyStoreProvider.java:154)
at com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider.<init>(KeyStoreProvider.java:44)
... 32 common frames omitted
Caused by: java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed
... 36 common frames omitted

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:seanccc)

Hi @seanccc.

Here is an article that may help to resolve the keystore issue.  However, unless this is a new installation (one that does not contain any data or modeling), please make a full system backup and database export to ensure recoverability if something goes wrong in the process.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

What version of Java is installed?  The requirement for 8.4 is 1.8.0_92.  Make sure it's 64-bit.

Do you have open JDK installed?  If so, this can cause issues.

If you move the Thingworx.war file and the Thingworx folder under <tomcat_home>\webapps to another location, does Tomcat start up successfully?

Regards.

--Sharon

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

I uses Oracle JDK and the version is 1.8.0_92 and it's 64bit.(see the details below) . Actually I uses the same JDK installer for ThingWorx 8.3.4 and didn't get the error. 

Tomcat itself  starts successfully, I can access Tomcat homepage  but the application Thingworx fail to start.  Tomcat still starts successfully if move out Thingworx folder and Thingworx.war out of the <tomcat_home>\webapps. 

================JAVA VERSION=====================

C:\Users\Administrator>java -version
java version "1.8.0_192"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_192-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.192-b12, mixed mode)

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Do you get the same keystore error in the Tomcat logs when you start up without the ThingWorx deployment?

Regards.

--Sharon

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

No, Tomcat doesn't has any error if start without thingworx. 

seanccc
17-Peridot

Hi @slangley ,

I tried to install Thingworx 8.4 on Windows server 2012 R2 , the installation on H2 succeed,  installing on PostgreSQL  still failed but the error is different,  I create another thread for the error here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/ThingWorx-on-Postgresql-cannot-launch-Improper-value-found-for/td-p/603516.  

I've tried to install on database H2 in windows server 2016 as well,  but got the same issue with PostgreSQL,  so probably there some compatibility issue in windows server 2016 for ThingWorx 8.4 I guess. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @seanccc.

Here is an article that may help to resolve the keystore issue.  However, unless this is a new installation (one that does not contain any data or modeling), please make a full system backup and database export to ensure recoverability if something goes wrong in the process.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags