cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Thingworx Academic Simulator

Alex23
10-Marble

Thingworx Academic Simulator

Hello,

I am trying to connect to Thiingworx Academic Simulator via a proxy can someone knows how to configure the server URL correctly ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Leigh
Community Manager
(To:Alex23)

Hi @Alex23

I just wanted to let you know that we have reached out to the Academic team for their guidance on your posted Topic. 

More to follow, 

Best,

Leigh

danme
5-Regular Member

Hi Alex23,

I am not sure if you are referring to a different product, but the Thingworx Academic Simulator is a desktop application that you need to install. Unless you are installing it on a remote server then trying to Proxy into it, then it wouldn't make sense to try to Proxy to it. Are you talking about a Thingworx Instance? Or thingworxacademic.com?

Alex23
10-Marble
(To:danme)

I am talking about the desktop application, afiter installing the application you need to fill some information to connect to thingworx :

Capture.PNG

My question is how to connect to ThingWork through a proxy ? How to fill the Server URL correctly when we use a proxy.

danme
5-Regular Member

Proxies can be set up in many different ways. Since we have not designed the Thingworx Academic Simulator to expect proxies, this may be a custom setup for you. It was primarily designed to work with the Thingworx academic edition servers used in the courses found on IoTU.com. If you are using it outside this scope, then it may not work. You may still be able to make this work with a proxy, but we will be unable to provide support for your custom scenario

rajvj
4-Participant
(To:danme)

So, we cannot use academic simulator to connect to enterprise edition of ThingWorx platform to test via simulated things ? We would like to use this simulator to dynamically change our asset properties based on different test cases. Any help provided is much appreciated. Thanks.

Top Tags