cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx Alert stream customization

AS_10035356
4-Participant

Thingworx Alert stream customization

We have a requirement where we need to have an option to acknowledge each alert from same property.

In inbuilt alert system, its acknowledge at Thing level/property level is what I understand.

Any option for customizing the stream / adding a column for acknowledgement?

We also wanted to know the property value at the time of alert generation .(if alert condition is set to value>5 ,in case I get a value=10, while fetching alert history ;as per inbuilt alert system I don't get the actual value as part of alert data) .

I have got close to 20k properties updating every 15 sec. And 80% of them have alert conditions.

Would custom stream creation for customization alert information cause issue on performance?

6 REPLIES 6

They have the Message field to show user what problem trigger the alert in Alert Summary.

Monitoring- Alert Summary - Message

zyuan1_0-1639644373327.png

AS_10035356
4-Participant
(To:zyuan1)

Thanks for you response Zyuan

For integer or number value, seems like actual value at that time is being displayed as message.

But for string type alerts ,message not equal to "configured value" and not the actual value at that time.

Also ,do you have any solution for acknowledging individual alarm events of same property ?

Then you may need to make the property in Logged state, and check in ValueStream History. If the OOTB function does not support this, changing the default datashape for Alert won't make any difference
AS_10035356
4-Participant

I was checking if we could change default data shape of alerts in order to check if I can add a column for acknowledgement, so that against each event of alert, I can update a acknowledgement statement.

As of now, I assume acknowledgment is a new row entry in the same stream.

Where to configure the mapping for your new column in the datashape is a big problem.
If it's just for String property, How about creating a new Stream and use subscription to log it?
AS_10035356
4-Participant

Ok, so you suggest having subscription on alert event and have all the info logged in a new stream and may be periodically delete the already existing alert stream ? or having a subscription on value change event to identify alerts and log into another stream.

Top Tags