cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx Application is not starting when used UNC path in the Storage of Platform Basic settings

Vignesh@95
8-Gravel

Thingworx Application is not starting when used UNC path in the Storage of Platform Basic settings

Vignesh95_0-1654588275761.png

This UNC path is a shared network drive which is given full control permissions.

When I started the Tomcat, The tomcat application is started after sometime its stopped, I saw the logs of tomcat but it doesn't show any errors and also the Thingworx logs and other folders which is usually created under the ThingworxStorage is not created on that UNC path. 

its appreciated if any having solutions on exactly what i have to do to run the application, and i must have to use shared network drive as my Storage and file root repositary.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Vignesh@95

I understand that you have reviewed the Tomcat log, You may not recognize the information which is describing the issue. Please add information which describes the reason for tomcat shutting down.

There are several articles which address items which could be part of the issue, Have you reviewed these articles?

I know that you have confirmed that the UNC is fully accessible. Because the service which is running tomcat is not a general user it may be in a different group. Which would have different access. Verify the account which is running Tomcat, then verify that that account has the access to the UNC drives.

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Vignesh@95

I understand that you have reviewed the Tomcat log, You may not recognize the information which is describing the issue. Please add information which describes the reason for tomcat shutting down.

There are several articles which address items which could be part of the issue, Have you reviewed these articles?

I know that you have confirmed that the UNC is fully accessible. Because the service which is running tomcat is not a general user it may be in a different group. Which would have different access. Verify the account which is running Tomcat, then verify that that account has the access to the UNC drives.

HTH
Peter

Hello Peter,

As you mentioned "Verify the account which is running Tomcat" I have verified that account is a "NETWORK SERVICE", I changed this Network service account to administrator account to run the tomcat. Now the other folders and keystore can be able to create on that UNC path. Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Vignesh

Top Tags