cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Thingworx DevOps instances architecture and licencing

JH_10730944
4-Participant

Thingworx DevOps instances architecture and licencing

Hi everybody,

I'm currently trying to streamline developments on our platform currently based on Thingworx 9.2 for a team of 5 people.

We have one shared local instance for development, and two cloud instances : one for preproduction and another one for production. All instances are actually docker containers. My team often met some obstacles because one of them was already making some changes on one entity thus another one could not potentially add some properties/services on this specific entity.

I managed to run a local instance and I find the concept great so we could eventually develop without impeding each other and delaying the conflict to the merge when feature has been fully developed.

I would like my team to be able to develop features using individual local instances but I don't find any documentation about the licensing issues I may encounter. 

I already read these articles : 

ThingWorx DevOps with Azure: The Comprehensive Dev... - PTC Community

ThingWorx DevOps with Jenkins - PTC Community

But they do not talk about running instances dynamically as I would like. 

Do someone has an idea ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:JH_10730944)

This is a licensing question you should clarify with your PTC Sales Rep as it depends on your contract.

In the contracts I know, customers are eligible to unlimited development instances, so there shouldn't be a license issue if your contract falls into that class.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:JH_10730944)

This is a licensing question you should clarify with your PTC Sales Rep as it depends on your contract.

In the contracts I know, customers are eligible to unlimited development instances, so there shouldn't be a license issue if your contract falls into that class.

nmutter
14-Alexandrite
(To:Rocko)

I can only confirm this and for you to read your contract / check with sales.

We also can use unlimited development instances. We use it exactly as you describe: one for each developer.

Top Tags