cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingworx Edge, does not connect to server

mtahir1
9-Granite

Thingworx Edge, does not connect to server

I downloaded the thingworx edge app for ios from the store. I also downloaded the sample SteamSensor file from the thingworx website. I know it is a sample app but somehow I cannot get it to connect with server.

I imported the Thing_Steamsensor.xml file into my thingworx composer. Made a new app key with admin rights. I give that key to app on my iphone but it does not connect to the server.

If anyone has connected the sample steamsensor app can you please provide steps or details how to do it.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AdamR
12-Amethyst
(To:mtahir1)

That application is built for a specific connection to a demo system server.  You cannot use it to connect to any other server or device.  To connect an iPhone to a Thingworx Platform the C-SDK would be used to build an edge application which is loaded on the phone.  This would then allow connection to a defined platform server.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dupatel
19-Tanzanite

@mtahir1 Could you please attach the application and edge logs to review the error. Also, advise the ThingWorx & SDK version you are using to further assist you on the issue.

-Durgesh

mtahir1
9-Granite
(To:dupatel)

I downloaded the thingworx edge app for ios from the store. I also downloaded the sample SteamSensor file from the thingworx website. I know it is a sample app but somehow I cannot get it to connect with server.

I imported the Thing_Steamsensor.xml file into my thingworx composer. Made a new app key with admin rights. I give that key to app on my iphone but it does not connect to the server.

ThingWorx edge iOS version: 1.1.0.1733

ThingWorx Composer version: 8.1

AdamR
12-Amethyst

That application is built for a specific connection to a demo system server.  You cannot use it to connect to any other server or device.  To connect an iPhone to a Thingworx Platform the C-SDK would be used to build an edge application which is loaded on the phone.  This would then allow connection to a defined platform server.

mtahir1
9-Granite
(To:AdamR)

I read on the ptc forum that someone connected it to the same app with his local thingworx server. Cannot find that post again thats why I posted. But thank you!

mtahir1
9-Granite
(To:AdamR)

@AdamR Can you please confirm if I should use C-SDK or SDK for iOS? And if possible the difference in their uses. I specifically want to build applications for Apple products like ipad and iphone. Thank you

Top Tags