cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx File Transfer JDK -> Thingworx: Unable to create File

kbutz
1-Newbie

Thingworx File Transfer JDK -> Thingworx: Unable to create File

Hi,

I'm trying to do a File transfer via Java SDK from my Client to the Thingworx Storage (on Thingworx Server). Herefore I created the following Code using the CopyService:

public static void main(String[] args) {
  ClientConfigurator config = new ClientConfigurator();
  String uri = "http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8080/Thingworx/WS";
  config.setUri(uri);
  config.setAppKey("xxxxx");
  config.ignoreSSLErrors(true);

try {
     ConnectedThingClient client = new ConnectedThingClient(config);

FileTransferVirtualThing myThing = new FileTransferVirtualThing("RT1", "File Transfer Example", client);

myThing.addVirtualDirectory("in", "C:\\tmp\\in");
     myThing.addVirtualDirectory("out", "C:\\tmp\\out");

client.bindThing(myThing);
     client.start();

ValueCollection parameters = new ValueCollection();
     parameters.setValue("sourceRepo", new StringPrimitive("RT1"));
     parameters.setValue("sourcePath", new StringPrimitive("/out"));
     parameters.setValue("sourceFile", new StringPrimitive("a.txt"));
     parameters.setValue("targetRepo", new StringPrimitive("SystemRepository"));
     parameters.setValue("targetPath", new StringPrimitive("/files"));
     parameters.setValue("targetFile", new StringPrimitive("a.txt"));
     parameters.setValue("async", new BooleanPrimitive(false));

client.invokeService(ThingworxEntityTypes.Subsystems, "FileTransferSubsystem", "Copy", parameters, 120);

client.shutdown();
  } catch (Exception e) {
     e.printStackTrace();
  }
}

The file is not transferred, the error message in the output is the following:

23:58:21.149 [NettyClient-NIO-1] DEBUG c.t.c.c.e.DispatchingClientEndpoint - API REQUEST received [endpoint id: 0] APIRequestMessage [requestId: 2206, endpointId: -1, sessionId: -1, method: POST, entityName: RT1, characteristic: Unknown, target: ]

23:58:21.150 [ClientProcessor-3] WARN c.t.c.c.t.f.FileTransferVirtualThing - File transfer has been canceled. tid: , reason: Unable to Create File [/files/a.txt.SystemRepository.part]

How to deal with this error? Seems like the RT1 Thingworx Thing can't write to this path? What can I do to allow it to write here?

Maybe important to know: Vice versa its working, I can transfer files from /files SystemRepository to my client directory (here I'm getting a Timeout Exception but the File is at least transferred...)

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:kbutz)

Are you sure the App Key you are using to connect to the Platform has permission to modify and call services on the file repository?

kbutz
1-Newbie
(To:kbutz)

Just found out the Thingworx Installation had no right to write to the specified Reposity Path. Fixed this privileges issue, now the File gets transferred.

BUT for each File Transfer a "Timed Out Api Request Message" gets thrown (but the file gets transferred). Anyone has an idea how to fix this?

// Should I outsource this question to separate Thread?

Top Tags