cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx Form-Login loading inappropriately in Internet Explorer browser

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Thingworx Form-Login loading inappropriately in Internet Explorer browser

Hi,

My Thingworx instance working fine when logging-in using Google Chrome browser but it fails when loads using Internet Explorer browser.

Detailed description:

Form Login page has login prompt in the center of the web page when loads on Chrome browser.

But when I try to load Form-Login page using IE Browser with Compatibility settings,login prompt get shifted to left side of the web page.And it work fine once we remove the Compatibility settings on certain machines but on few other machines,this doesn't work and get shifted to left side of the window with distorted CSS.

Please find attached snapshots of IE compatibility settings and Form-Login after doing compatibility settings change in IE.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hello,

Are these all using the same version of IE? Have all the users cleared cache and cookies prior to attempting to login?

If you can, look at one of the problematic IE systems and use the F12 tools to look at the debug console and see if some error(s) is displayed on the problem browser which is not on a browser that works correctly.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:CRArko)

Hi Craig,

Yes,I tried clearing cache and cookies but no luck again.

Also,used F12 option to see bugs,if any. Screenshot of the same is attached.

I guess some HTML/CSS tag is missing and have to be there in Thingworx CSS files.

CRArko
17-Peridot

When you are performing form login does that go through a single sign-on server? If so, what kind are you using?

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:CRArko)

Hi Craig,

I'm just using SSOAuthenticator for login.

Regards,

Tarun

CRArko
17-Peridot

Hello, Tanmey.

Okay, I see you've cleared the cookies and cache. On one of the problematic systems, could you try doing a complete reset of IE?

Reset the IE settings

=============

1) In Internet Explorer, select the Tools menu and then click Internet Options.

2) Click the Advanced tab, Click Reset button.

3) Click Reset button while a prompt asks” Are you sure you want to reset all the Internet Explorer settings”.

4) Click Ok, restart your IE.

5) Please check the issue again.

Also, are these systems all using the exact same version of Internet Explorer? Which version is that?

One other question: are you using Navigate here to connect?

Thanks!

-- Craig A.

Top Tags