cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Thingworx Foundation Installation Problem on Windows 7

rzr
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Thingworx Foundation Installation Problem on Windows 7

Hi

My System Configurations are:

> Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1

> RAM : 4 GB

> Core 2 duo, 2.94 GHz

I Installed Thingworx Foundations 8.4 Trial (was working fine)

Uninstalled it after a month (due to errors/misconfiguration)

Installing it again is giving following errors(images attached):- 

Error running .\check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password **** --hostname "localhost" --hostport "8082" --useSSL=0: 1
[17:41:28] Post-Install validation step failed check-http-response script returned ::1 writing file to mark install as failed.
[17:41:28] Post-Install validation step failed
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running .\check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password **** --hostname "localhost" --hostport "8082" --useSSL=0: 1
[18:03:03] - The installation failed. Cleaning up
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error occured while running postInstall Validation scripts

Kindly reply back and help with the solution

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rzr)

Hi @rzr.

What method did you use for uninstalling the product?  What is the file name of the trial you installed?  Was it the 30-day or 90-day version?

If you check this path, do you see any bitrock-installer logs:

C:\Users\<user_ID>\AppData\Local\Temp

If so, please .zip them and attach them here.

Regards.

rzr
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley 

- From Control Panel>Uninstall Programs> I uninstalled the Thingworx > After that I removed Thinworx folder and its contents>After that using cc cleaner removed registry

- File name : ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT-windows-installer

- 90 days version

- Attaching  bitrock-installer logs files (files.zip)

Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @rzr.

The last log file created contains this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\twxFoundationH2Trial-8.3.2\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23\bin>call service.bat install Thingworx-Foundation
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE
" Created Thingworx-Foundation as service "
" Running Thingworx-Foundation as NETWORKSERVICE "
[SC] OpenService FAILED 1060:

Since you had this running previously, did something change with the java that was installed?  You need to confirm you have a 64-bit Oracle JDK installed.  If you have a JAVA_HOME environment variable, you will also need to validate the path associated with that is the appropriate one. 

You can check the version by running this from the command prompt:  java -version

If the command errors, your java folders are not in the path.

Also, if you have OpenJDK installed, you may run into issues trying to install ThingWorx.

Regards.

--Sharon

rzr
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Hi @slangley

Java Path is now corrected (verified using java -version) and JAVA_HOME also set to jdk1.8.0_201.

Still showing 2 prompt messages in the end:

"Waiting for the ThingWorx Platform...
Executing .\check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password **** --hostname "localhost" --hostport "8082" --useSSL=0
Script exit code: 1"

" Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error occured while running postInstall Validation scripts"

Here I am sharing my latest bitrock installer files(Temp.zip)

Kindly review the attached file and let me know what I need to do here next.

Thanks 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @rzr.

The log entries show that it ThingWorx installed and Tomcat started successfully.  However, when the installer tried to validate the url, it timed out:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23\bin>call service.bat install ThingWorx-Foundation
Installing the service 'ThingWorx-Foundation' ...
Using CATALINA_HOME:    "C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1.0-S\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23"
Using CATALINA_BASE:    "C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1.0-S\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23"
Using JAVA_HOME:        "D:\Swapnil\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201"
Using JRE_HOME:         "D:\Swapnil\PROGRA~2\Java\JDK18~1.0_2\jre"
Using JVM:              "D:\Swapnil\PROGRA~2\Java\JDK18~1.0_2\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll"
The service 'ThingWorx-Foundation' has been installed.
" Created ThingWorx-Foundation as service "
" Running ThingWorx-Foundation as NETWORKSERVICE "
[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
"Successfully updated ThingWorx-Foundation service with THINGWORX_PLATFORM_SETTINGS "
The Apache Tomcat 8.5 ThingWorx-Foundation service is starting.
The Apache Tomcat 8.5 ThingWorx-Foundation service was started successfully.

"ThingWorx-Foundation started running"

Script stderr:

Waiting for the ThingWorx Platform...
Executing .\check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password **** --hostname "localhost" --hostport "8082" --useSSL=0
Script exit code: 1

Script output:
 Verifying ThingWorx Foundation connection ...url http://localhost:8082/Thingworx/Subsystems/PlatformSubsystem/Services/IsRunning
Waiting for platform to start
Error: Status code was not 200 after 5 minutes

Is port 8082 in use by something else?

Did you set the Administrator password to at least 14 characters during the installation?

It would be helpful for you to take screenshots of the parameters you are selecting as you run the installer.  Also, if you are getting a pop-up error at the end of the installation, before acknowledging the pop-up, check the installation folder at C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1.0-S for additional logs.  Please capture <tomcat_home>\logs as well, and check to see if you can login to Tomcat before acknowledging the error:  http://localhost:8082

I noticed the JDK is installed under your personal profile.  Since you had ThingWorx running previously and the installation succeeded as far as it did, I don't think this is the cause of your problem.  But on a server where there can be many user profiles, this would not be a good practice.  It can cause permissions issues or require access to files in your personal folders.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @rzr.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues with the Foundation installer.  If so, please provide the artifacts requested in the previous post so we can analyze the cause.

If you have found a solution, please post it and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

rzr
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Hi Sharon @slangley,

Issue is not resolved yet here I am sharing some other details :-

-Is port 8082 in use by something else?

No, This time I tried with 8081

-Did you set the Administrator password to at least 14 characters during the installation?

Yes

if you are getting a pop-up error at the end of the installation, before acknowledging the pop-up, check the installation folder at C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1.0-S for additional logs.  Please capture <tomcat_home>\logs as well

Below is the short details from 3 files : 1)ApplicationLog  2)ConfigurationLog (both inside Thingworx storage)

3) Tomcat logs

ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT\ThingworxStorage\logs\ApplicationLog ( 1)Attached here  2) I am Highlighting errors with blue )

2019-05-15 13:27:37.521+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Found existing license.bin file
2019-05-15 13:27:37.865+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to read trial license file because Storage anchor break found. Attempting to load as Paid license
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Input type mismatch.]
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Invalid License file located at: C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1.0-S\ThingworxPlatform

ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT\ThingworxStorage\logs\ConfigurationLog ( 1)Attached here  2) I am Highlighting errors with blue )

2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: ] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] **********LICENSING ERROR ANALYSIS
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: ] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Cannot load license because Input type mismatch.
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: ] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] **********END LICENSING ERROR ANALYIS

C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT\tomcat\apache-tomcat-8.5.23\logs

2019-05-15 13:27:37.521+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingStateMachine] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Found existing license.bin file
2019-05-15 13:27:37.865+0530 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Unable to read trial license file because Storage anchor break found. Attempting to load as Paid license
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Input type mismatch.]
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] ====================================================================
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicensingSubsystem] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Invalid License file located at: C:\PROGRA~2\THINGW~1.0-S\ThingworxPlatform
2019-05-15 13:27:37.880+0530 [L: WARN] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Shutting down the Platform.

-capture <tomcat_home>\logs as well, and check to see if you can login to Tomcat before acknowledging the error: http://localhost:8082?

No, I am not able to access Apache Tomcat page also before acknowledging error...

Kindly Review and let me know

Thanks

Top Tags