cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx IoT evaluation for individuals/hobbyist?

mrobregado
1-Newbie

Thingworx IoT evaluation for individuals/hobbyist?

Hi Thingworx,

Is it true that to try Thingworx, I would need to represent an university, so that I can join the PTC Academic Program. If already joined I will be granted access to a hosted instance of Thingworx along with all the necessary tools.

But, how about for individuals, electronic hobbyist, is there a way to try ThingWorx for learning? Other SaaS cloud service providers, allows users to have a free account, in which they can try to evaluate their services. These free accounts have limitations. One such is Exosite. I have made a project that sends temperature data to Exosite, and display it graphically at Exosite Dashboard Widgets. I would like to try the same using Thingworx.

How about for Thingworx do they offer the same, for individuals and electronic hobbyist.

I already graduated so I can't represent a university, to be eligible to join PTC Academic Program.

Best Regards,

Markel Robregado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:mrobregado)

Hi,

You can use the Dev Zone (ThingWorx Developer Zone | ThingWorx) in order to experience with Thingworx. You will have some restrictions but you can still use the Thingworx Platform.

Thank you,

Adrian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:mrobregado)

Hi,

You can use the Dev Zone (ThingWorx Developer Zone | ThingWorx) in order to experience with Thingworx. You will have some restrictions but you can still use the Thingworx Platform.

Thank you,

Adrian

Hi Adrian,

I will explore the Dev Zone and see what I can do. Thanks for your reply.

Best Regards,

Markel

Hi Adrian,

The Dev Zone, indicates the use of Device Quickstart kits, which are Raspberry Pi, Intel Galileo, Intel Edison to experience Thingworx. But how about other kits from other vendors. Example an IoT capable electronic kit from Texas Instruments. These are TI CC3200 Launchpad and Tiva Launchpad + CC3100 WiFi. Is it possible to experience Thingworx with these electronic kits. The Thingworx website does not have a clear path of documentation how to do this. See, this project below which I have sent sensor data to SaaS Exosite Dashboard. I just accomplished that with documentation and C API's from Exosite.

Connect Tiva Connected Launchpad to Exosite Cloud using TI Simplelink WiFi CC3100 | Markel Thinks Learns Creates

I am trying to do the same with Thingworx. Also regarding C SDK, I am unable to get that because it is only available for Thingworx partners. I assume it is not possible for me to install Thingworx to my PC either. I can't find at Thingworx website where to download it.

Regards,

Markel

Top Tags