cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Thingworx List Widget auto trigger Selected row changes event

vxba
7-Bedrock

Thingworx List Widget auto trigger Selected row changes event

I have a Combobox list and binding the list data by a service call after this service called I invoke another service to get selected item and binding again to SelectedText properties of Combobox then the event selected row change of Combobox will auto-trigger.  

How can I avoid this case, because this action will trigger another service in my logics    

Thanks All!

9 REPLIES 9
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:vxba)

If you absolutely need

Service Complete -> Get info -> Set SelectedRow

but need SelectedRow not to trigger the first time, you could .. cheesy as it may be, use some boolean flag to indicate 'First load' and use that into a validator then Selected Row Changed, to either toggle First load or fire the service you want.

vxba
7-Bedrock
(To:PaiChung)

Thanks @PaiChung ,

I will try this solution and let you know.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vxba.

If the previous response allowed you to find a solution, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.  Or, if you have found your own solution, please post it here and mark that as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

khayes1
13-Aquamarine

could you maybe add a button to run your service and not bind the selected row change to anything at all?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vxba.

If one of the previous responses allowed you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @vxba.

How did the solution provided by @PaiChung work out for you?  If you found it to be an acceptable solution, please mark the appropriate post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

vxba
7-Bedrock
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley  and @PaiChung.

I have attempted to implement this solution but. the big problem is I cannot identify when is the first load

Do you have other solutions or some demo?

Thanks!

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Hi, one way to 'determine' first load is to just have a hidden boolean value or boolean mashup parameter with a default value.

Then you can use the Expression/Validator function to check that value and update it accordingly

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @vxba.

If you found the additional information provided by PaiChung helpful, please mark his post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags