cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx Mashup - Not Authorized for Read

Sathishkumar_C
17-Peridot

Thingworx Mashup - Not Authorized for Read

For few mashups especially we used as popup, we are getting "Reason: 401 - Not Authorized for Read" in QA. But the same user role and permissions, we able to see that mashup in runtime as popup in Development Environment.

Its working after enable the "Design Time permission - READ" in QA.

My query is why its not appearing any permission related issues in Development? And, its appearing in QA even though the same permissions.

We are having an following thingworx instances in Development and QA environment.
Development Server - ThingWorx 9.1.9-b887
QA Server - ThingWorx 9.1.7-b776 

5 REPLIES 5

@Sathishkumar_C wrote:

... we are getting "Reason: 401 - Not Authorized for Read" ...

The only article mentioning this error is - "ThingWorx Analytics Things are not getting created in ThingWorx due to incorrect application key": https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs271012 

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, it's not useful in our case. We were not using thingworx analytics.  

Assigning Design Time - Read is the right way to solve this.

I've seen a few threads now on this, partly when users are removed from Composer users.

Not sure if the behavior is a difference between the versions, or if perhaps you have some collection permissions set in QA vs. Dev.

Yes. That user is not part of composer group. Its okay to assigning design time permission. But my doubt is the same level of permission and it is working fine with Dev environment.

I understand, and unfortunately that is something I can't explain, but you could log a ticket with support for that.

Top Tags