cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx RTPPM KPI is not calculating OEE

GABRYEL25770
6-Contributor

Thingworx RTPPM KPI is not calculating OEE

I have six WorkUnits configured in RTPPM, but the only one who calculate the OEE is the Machine1, all the others machines don't calculate and i don't know why because it looks like the rest is normal.

 

This is the most current error:

 

[PTC.SCA.SCO.MnfgCommonEquipmentUtilsThing].[SetUserDefaultSelectedEquipmentsBySolution_EQT]: Returned the following error : JavaException: com.thingworx.common.exceptions.ModelAccessException: [2,000] Error occurred while accessing the model provider.

 

I will be greatful if someone can help me.

 

 

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi GM

 

About the error message in your first post, I suspect it's simply not related to this issue.

 

So the first thing to notice is that all 3 of the KPIs are at 0%. This makes me suspect that the TimesliceSchedule table in the database is missing the records for this equipment, this will also result in the equipment having no record in the Timeslice table. Please refer to this link to see the query to insert the missing records. Because the Timeslices (containing the numbers to get the KPIs) will not be calculated if those records are missing, and the KPIs use the calculated Timeslice values.

 

Queries to check, if you need help : 

SELECT * FROM equipmnt -- find the UID of your equipment
SELECT * FROM timeslice WHERE equipmentuid = ..... -- write the Uid here, I'm guessing this will give no result.
SELECT * FROM timesliceschedule WHERE equipmentuid = ..... -- write the Uid here, I'm guessing this will give no result.

 

There are a few Articles in the knowledge base relating to the Performance and Quality KPIs failing to calculate. However in those cases the Availability% would still get calculated, which is not your scenario here. Here's some Articles about this, in case you need them : 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS363687

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS362880

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

This is the images where the Machine1 is working but Machine2 not.Machine1.pngMachine2.png

Hi GM

 

About the error message in your first post, I suspect it's simply not related to this issue.

 

So the first thing to notice is that all 3 of the KPIs are at 0%. This makes me suspect that the TimesliceSchedule table in the database is missing the records for this equipment, this will also result in the equipment having no record in the Timeslice table. Please refer to this link to see the query to insert the missing records. Because the Timeslices (containing the numbers to get the KPIs) will not be calculated if those records are missing, and the KPIs use the calculated Timeslice values.

 

Queries to check, if you need help : 

SELECT * FROM equipmnt -- find the UID of your equipment
SELECT * FROM timeslice WHERE equipmentuid = ..... -- write the Uid here, I'm guessing this will give no result.
SELECT * FROM timesliceschedule WHERE equipmentuid = ..... -- write the Uid here, I'm guessing this will give no result.

 

There are a few Articles in the knowledge base relating to the Performance and Quality KPIs failing to calculate. However in those cases the Availability% would still get calculated, which is not your scenario here. Here's some Articles about this, in case you need them : 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS363687

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS362880

Hi mstarnaud!

 

You were right, my timeslice table was empty, i tried to write the Workunits one at time in the KPI query. I wrote "Machine1" and executed, "Machine2" and executed... instead "Machine1,Machine2,Machine3..." and I don't know why but it worked for me.

 

Thank you for the support!

Hi Gabryel

 

I'm glad that worked!

 

In the query to insert the records in TimesliceSchedule (the query I linked in the previous comment), it starts like this : 

DECLARE     @EquipmentNameToInsert  VARCHAR(MAX)    = 'EQUIPMENTNAMELIST', -- comma delimited Equipment Name list (e.g., 'EQ_WorkUnit1,EQ_WorkUnit2')

So if you write "Machine1, Machine2", it will work and add both Machine1 and Machine2.

 

Also, in the next part of the query, it filters out the records that already exist. This means if you try "Machine1" and then "Machine1,Machine2,Machine3", the second time it will not do Machine1 because it's already there, but it will add Machine2 and Machine3.

 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Top Tags