cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx Tabs - Collection within tab only shows data on page reload

Frowne
6-Contributor

Thingworx Tabs - Collection within tab only shows data on page reload

Thingworx Version: 9.5.2

I'm going to try to be as precise as possible here, so bear with me.

In a Mashup that is exclusively used as a popup window showing our page's software history & changelog on two separate tabs respectively, we've encountered an issue where the data of the changelog isn't loading unless you specifically open the Mashup on the tab the text is supposed to be loaded in - meaning if you load the Mashup on the first tab, then switch to the tab with the changelog, it isn't visible. The data is still there (you can see Mashups created within the collection in the debug view), but it just doesn't show - resizing the browser window also makes it show, but that's unfeasible for practical use.

The Changelog itself is made of two parts, a list and a container with that shows the changelog itself, which is just a collection with mashups that only contain formatted labels. (I've found no better way to do changelogs since we still have no replacement for the HTML formatting removed...). 

There's just one service handling everything, it runs on load once and has all the data from the list itself (each version) and then all the text in another infotable that gets fed into the collection from "Selected Row(s)" so I can browse the list items and it'll always show the changelog of whatever version is collected.

This works perfectly fine if the Mashup loads with that tab already open, but if the other tab is selected and you then switch to the Changelog tab, the list is still there and you can select items, but no text shows.

Here's what I tried so far:

• Lazy Loading & Load / Unload with loads happening on Tab Switch
  • Refreshing the Mashup on Tab Switch
  • Auto Refresh (calling the service again) every second (just for testing to see if it'd do anything)
  • .Load All vs. Load / Unload

I appreciate a response of any kind! If screenshots of bindings etc. are required do let me know, but I feel like I tried every combination and approach under the sun at this point... Fearing this might just be a bug of the version.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Frowne)

Also check Knowledge Base, e.g. I found this today: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS423510

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rocko
17-Peridot

Have you tried different browsers/rendering engines?

If you think it's a bug, try to validate with PTC support by searching knowledge base, checking release notes and/or creating a support case.

Frowne
6-Contributor
(To:Rocko)

Good day!

I've tried it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge, all with the same result. The data displays just fine if the tab with the data is already selected but stays invisible if you start on another. 

Rocko
17-Peridot

Now that you've ruled out it's  the browser or an Add-On, it's probably a bug you should log with PTC support. I usually try to recreate the issue in a new, clean mashup without all unnecessary elements. This is easier to share with them and also sometimes leads to further insight about the root cause.

Frowne
6-Contributor

I appreciate the assistance, but the problem is I can't seen to reproduce it - doing the exact same thing in a different mashup has different results - hence why I was hoping that maybe I was overlooking something and somebody has some insight for me.

The only difference in the one I'm using is:

• I use CSS to display the text differently, (Though I can't highlight anything so that's likely not the issue.) I tried it with everything commented out and it still doesn't show up.
  • There's two more service calls but all those do are retrieve one property from a different mashup on load for the other tab, that's it. 

Everything else is the same, from the bindings to the services being called.

Rocko
17-Peridot

We haven't mentioned it before but I guess you have looked at the browser Console (F12) and Show/Hide Log both without result?

Sometimes it happens that there are old bindings or settings in the mashup which you can't see. You can address this in two ways:

Remove the bindings, reload all the services, save, then re-create, and if you're lucky the invalid config was overwritten.

The other way would be to compare your not-working mashup with a working one on XML-level (through Export) and you try to find the difference. This is a bit hairy, though.

Frowne
6-Contributor

I appreciate any and all suggestions! 

I have tried the browser console (no errors), Thingworx logs (no messages / errors) & the debug info (shows all the mashups that are supposed to be there with load/unload, doesn't show them with load all on load, but same difference, either way they're invisible when you swap tabs to them). 

I'll have to try comparing on the XML-Level still, since they're identical in function on a Mashup level I thought it'd likely be fine but maybe I'll find some discrepancy there still? 

Rocko
17-Peridot

Also check Knowledge Base, e.g. I found this today: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS423510

Frowne
6-Contributor

Yeah, we figured it out late yesterday. That article is relatively new, I reckon that's why it didn't show up in results, I've been looking for solutions everywhere... This is exactly what it was though, identical values on the tabsets rather than empty ones, no idea what happened to cause this though, as they're created with different values and I personally never changed them.

Thanks for the help!

Announcements

Top Tags