cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx analytics - Overpredicted VS Underpredicted

seanccc
17-Peridot

Thingworx analytics - Overpredicted VS Underpredicted

Hi, 

I'm using thingworx analytics to predict the remaining useful life for a device , and I got the attached result.  For the case of RUL,  I would prefer Underpredicted to Overpredicted ( predictive RUL < actual RUL). 

How can I tuning the super paramters of learner or maybe train data as well to make the model tends to more Underpredicted ? 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jgreiner
12-Amethyst
(To:seanccc)

Hi Sean,

I have reached out to some of my colleagues with your question to see if they had any advice on how to adjust configurations to create the desired model.  

One tip that I can give you now is to try training several different models and making sure to use a different configuration of learning techniques, Ensemble Techniques, and comparison metrics and seeing if that will create a model that will work for your use case.  These changes can be made under the Advanced Model Configuration tab when creating a new model.TWA-Learners.PNG

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jgreiner
12-Amethyst
(To:seanccc)

Hi Sean,

I have reached out to some of my colleagues with your question to see if they had any advice on how to adjust configurations to create the desired model.  

One tip that I can give you now is to try training several different models and making sure to use a different configuration of learning techniques, Ensemble Techniques, and comparison metrics and seeing if that will create a model that will work for your use case.  These changes can be made under the Advanced Model Configuration tab when creating a new model.TWA-Learners.PNG

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warm Regards,

John

Top Tags