cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx composer permissions page will not scroll

gregd
4-Participant

Thingworx composer permissions page will not scroll

We are running Thingworx 8.5.5 and have found that the permissions page does not allow scrolling.  If I have more permissions defined than what will fit on the page, I cannot see all of the permissions, nor can I define any new permissions.

This occurs in Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge.

I've not been able to find any other reports of this issue.  Has anyone else seen it, and are there any workarounds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:gregd)

Hi @gregd.

This issue was resolved in ThingWorx 8.5.6.  Should be an easy upgrade to get the fix.  Please let me know if you have any questions on the process.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @gregd.

This issue was resolved in ThingWorx 8.5.6.  Should be an easy upgrade to get the fix.  Please let me know if you have any questions on the process.

Regards.

--Sharon

gregd
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Thanks @slangley,

I have not attempted to apply patches in the past.  What is the process for patching from 8.5.5 to 8.5.6?

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @gregd.

As previously stated, it is a simple process but precautions should be taken to avoid against inadvertent changes and human error.  Here are the steps I would follow:

1. Shut down Tomcat
  2. Copy the following folders to a backup location:
    1. ThingworxStorage
    2. ThingworxPlatform
    3. <tomcat_home>
  3. Delete the following (do not rename or move to a sub-folder of the current location as this will result in Tomcat trying to load both)
    1. <tomcat_home>\webapps\Thingworx (folder)
    2. <tomcat_home>\webapps\Thingworx.war
  4. Copy the 8.5.6 Thingworx.war file to <tomcat_home>\webapps
  5. Move the existing logs in ThingworxStorage\logs to a backup location
  6. Restart Tomcat

You can download the 8.5.6 release from this location.  Expand the option for the database you're running, such as ThingWorx PostgreSQL or ThingWorx Mssql.  Download the file with a name similar to this one:  ThingWorx-Platform-Postgres-8-5-6 (105 MB)

Please let me know if you have further questions

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @gregd.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags