cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx connect with MySQL

ZL_9884170
12-Amethyst

Thingworx connect with MySQL

Hi All,

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS243088

When I try to follow this article to connect MySQL with ThingWork, I got an issue.

According to step 4, I need to upload the JDBC driver file in JdbcCreator mashup. (Does this JDBC driver file refers to MySQL-connector-java-8.0.23.jar???)

ZL_9884170_0-1618297849419.png

But I can not upload MySQL-connector-java-8.0.23.jar.

When I click the “Upload” button, nothing happened. I didn't see a link displayed below the buttons. 

ZL_9884170_1-1618297849415.png

In my case, I want to know if I upload the correct file. If I uploaded the wrong file, what file should I upload in this place? Where can I get this file? If it’s correct, why doesn’t it respond after clicking the upload button?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:ZL_9884170)

@ZL_9884170 Hi,

I have few question on which i want to clarify.

1) Have you already downloaded mssql jar/jdbc jar file? If yes which version and from where you have downloaded it.

2) You have mentioned you are trying to upload it in mashup that is not a correct way. We just need to place that jar under tomact/lib folder. After that you can directly create a thing with database template in ThingWorx and set configurations according to your DB instance.

Let me know if you need more clarifications on this.

Regards,

Mohit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Jar is the correct file.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @ZL_9884170.

You might start by downloading the extension from the PTC Support page.  The marketplace extension no longer exists.  This article may also help.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @ZL_9884170.

Were you able to resolve your issue with the newer release of the extension?  If not, please let us know the status and details of the issue so we can assist.

If you have resolved your issue, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others in the community.

Regards

--Sharon

mgoel
17-Peridot

@ZL_9884170 Hi,

I have few question on which i want to clarify.

1) Have you already downloaded mssql jar/jdbc jar file? If yes which version and from where you have downloaded it.

2) You have mentioned you are trying to upload it in mashup that is not a correct way. We just need to place that jar under tomact/lib folder. After that you can directly create a thing with database template in ThingWorx and set configurations according to your DB instance.

Let me know if you need more clarifications on this.

Regards,

Mohit

Top Tags