cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx copy Service for File transfer changing the permissions after downloading as non exec

ajain1
4-Participant

Thingworx copy Service for File transfer changing the permissions after downloading as non exec

We are transferring file from TWX repo to device where EMS is running, after downloading we observed that file permissions on device is (running on Linux-arm) changed from rwx to rw. executable permissions are missing.

We need exec permissions also, Please suggest a solution for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Thank you, I am not a Linux guru, but I will share some thoughts on this.

Whenever you are copying files, the permissions of that files are set according to umask. This is how Linux is managing the access rights and there is no method to set execute permission only through umask.

You can create a shell that is executed whenever a file is copied on the device; command to change access rights is chmod +x path/to/file

If you are using cp command, you can use -p option to preserve the access rights of the file.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:ajain1)

Hi,

Is also Thingworx running on Linux?

What is umask in Linux OS ?

Thanks,

Raluca Edu

the default umask is 0022

Hi,

Thank you, I am not a Linux guru, but I will share some thoughts on this.

Whenever you are copying files, the permissions of that files are set according to umask. This is how Linux is managing the access rights and there is no method to set execute permission only through umask.

You can create a shell that is executed whenever a file is copied on the device; command to change access rights is chmod +x path/to/file

If you are using cp command, you can use -p option to preserve the access rights of the file.

Hope it helps,

Raluca Edu

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi @ajain1.

If the response provided by @raluca_edu answered your question, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags