cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Thingworx extension to compress videos

Jamal8548
12-Amethyst

Thingworx extension to compress videos

Hello Community,

I am working on thingworx 9.3 and i want to have compression functionality in thingworx.

Usecase:- User would be able to upload vidoes from mashup into fileRepository but before storing into repository it needs to be compress and must have size of around 1.5 mb of file. Is it possible to do that?

IDEA 1:

Have a phython backend to compress the video and then video can come into thingworx repository via post request

IDEA 2: 

Have/Create an extension directly in thingworx so that user can upload it and then it would be compressed and save it in repository.

Background: I have vuforia studio experience and there the experience gets the video files which are 10 in number and then it shows the videos in experience. i cannot directly upload the videos in experience because i have around 90 experiences for this usecase and each experience has different model and different vidoes in it so that i have made it dynamic and upload the files in repository and getting them from there 

thats why i need mashup to load the files in repository but important is the videos need to be compressed. and that i dont want to do manuually again and again. i want to merge it into system so that it can be done automatically and save it in repository.

1 REPLY 1
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:Jamal8548)

You can do this with by creating a thingworx extension, yes.

Ma understanding you want to use lossy compression to get under a certain size. You will have to search for a java media library that can do that, or you can run your python backend and have TWX send it over and receive the compressed result.

In any case you would want to do this in the background, depending on the size and the recoding you might run into timeouts otherwise.

Announcements

Top Tags