cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx in a EC2 instance?

jserrano
1-Newbie

Thingworx in a EC2 instance?

Anyone with a tutorial on how to install Thingworx platform in a EC2 instance?

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jserrano)

Installation instructions cover how to install in a Ubuntu/Linux enviroment. Also I did see some posts in the community on this.

https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=170230

Josue, did you've managed to follow the installation guide ? Can you share additional information about your EC2 instance (OS version, ThingWorx version) ?

Horia, I'm having troubles accessing to my EC2 instance. As soon as I get to solve it, I will try the instalation guide.

Thanks for the coments.

Hi

Assuming you've got a red hat linux ec2 instance, follow the instructions in the install guide (7.x). The Neo instance is the easiest to do and is a good learning experience. There's a couple of utilities you'll probably have to install that aren't part of the default AWS image, but apart from that it's pretty straightforward.

Installing the postgres version is slightly more work as you'll need quite a few utilities to get x-windows running to be able to run the configuration tool. There's some slight differences between the instructions in the HA guide and the standard install guide. IIRC there's some extra steps in the HA guide that helped...

Regards

Ian

Actually that is the exact instance Im working with. As soon as I get to install my TWX instance, I'll let you know guys how its been.

Thank you for the support.

Here my scripts from installing in on a linux micro install at AWS. Sorry for the formatting. Just copy&paste

sudo yum install tomcat8-webapps tomcat8-docs-webapp tomcat8-admin-webapps

sudo nano /etc/tomcat8/tomcat-users.xml

<role rolename="manager-gui"/>

<user username="thingworx" password="141317052016" roles="manager-gui"/>

/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
/sbin/iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

Pasted from <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12464926/linux-in-ec2amazon-cannot-use-port-80-for-tomcat>

sudo yum install java-1.8.0

/usr/sbin/alternatives --config java

First, get your iptables rules set up the way you like them. Once you’ve verified that everything works, save the rules:

iptables-save > /etc/firewall.conf

Next, open up /etc/network/if-up.d/iptables in your favorite text editor and add the following:

#!/bin/sh
iptables-restore
< /etc/firewall.conf

Once you save it, make it executable:

chmod +x /etc/network/if-up.d/iptables

Now, the rules will be restored each time your networking scripts start (or restart). If you need to save changes to your rules in the future, you can manually edit /etc/firewall.conf or you can adjust your rules live and run:

iptables-save > /etc/firewall.conf

Thanks to Ant for this handy tip.

Pasted from <https://major.io/2009/11/16/automatically-loading-iptables-on-debianubuntu/>

sudo mkdir /ThingworxStorage

sudo mkdir /ThingworxBackupStorage

sudo chown tomcat /ThingworxStorage  /ThingworxBackupStorage

sudo chgrp tomcat /ThingworxStorage  /ThingworxBackupStorage

Top Tags