cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx service doubts

nbhagtani
2-Guest

Thingworx service doubts

Hi,

Am getting continuous data from simulator for example: Temperature property. I need to write service where if temperature goes out of range for 3 consecutive times in 10 minutes then that records need to be added in data-table but where do i write this service on template or thing? also records added in data-table will get displayed on mashup so how this service will get executed on TW platform? how continuous check will happen(or service will get called) on data so that out of range records should get added to data-table?

Am unable to figure out where to write that service and how that service will get invoked?

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:nbhagtani)

Nisha Bhagtani​,

As per my understanding; you can write the Service on Thing Template level if there if there are multiple devices and at Thing level if there is single device.

You can subscribe to the Data Change event and call your Service in the Subscription so that it runs every time any data changes.

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Nisha Bhagtani​,

As per my understanding; you can write the Service on Thing Template level if there if there are multiple devices and at Thing level if there is single device.

You can subscribe to the Data Change event and call your Service in the Subscription so that it runs every time any data changes.

I hope it helps.

Thanks it helped.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

I am Glad it helped.

Top Tags