cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx services and its utilities

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx services and its utilities

Hello guys,

I've been having trouble understanding how services work and how I should program them, I understand the concept of them being the functions of the thing but when it comes to create them, I don't have enough knowledge.

The problem I have now is that I have a Data Table with some locations and I want to create Geofences around each one of them. The purpose is to track a vehicle and check if he made into the next Geofence in time. I searched some documents in support but none of it was helpful, this article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS225480&source=snippet shows how to show a Geofence by region but my purpose is to create it for multiple points. Remember that I have the locations in a Data Table but I don't know how to create a Geofence in each one of these points relating it to the vehicle I am tracking.

I also saw a function createCircularGeoFence in service Snippets but I don't know where I would use them to create the Geofences around the points.

Thank you in advance.

Taciano Scur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tscur)

Hi @tscur.

This is more complicated than can be answered on the community.  Please reach out to the Sales team for guidance on training and/or services to assist you with this task.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:tscur)

Hi @tscur.

This is more complicated than can be answered on the community.  Please reach out to the Sales team for guidance on training and/or services to assist you with this task.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Ok Sharon, I submitted a request.

Thank you,

Taciano Scur

Top Tags