cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4

Deepak_Rahul
12-Amethyst

Thingworx upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4

Hey everyone,

I am currently using Thingworx platform 8.3 and i need to upgrade to 8.4,

i have gone through the document but i have a bit confusions in downloading the files from support site

and upgrading my licensing.

Regards,

Deepak Rahul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @Deepak_Rahul.

Are you installing the newer version of ThingWorx on a different machine?  If so, you can download and install the latest version of PostgreSQL supported by the ThingWorx version you are planning to upgrade to.

If you are planning an upgrade of your existing system, I recommend backing up your system to ensure recovery if something goes wrong during the upgrade process. This would include database dumps, ThingWorx exports, and o/s level backups.  If you are running a VM, I would recommend creating a snapshot prior to making any changes to ensure full recovery, if needed.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:Deepak_Rahul)

Hi @Deepak_Rahul.

If you haven't already done so, I would start with reviewing the upgrade guide.  Be sure to check the matrix on page 4 for determining the best upgrade path.

In regard to the files for download, please provide the details of your currently installation and I will guide you.  For example, which persistence provider are you currently using:  PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.  Are you running Linux or Windows?

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @slangley ,

I will provide the information that you have asked for

i am using windows server 2016, i have installed postgre SQL and apache tom cat,

if you need any additional information i can provide.

Regards,

Deepak Rahul

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Deepak_Rahul.

Here is a screenshot of the download you will need for your upgrade:

However, you mentioned in your last post that you installed PostgreSQL and Tomcat.  If this is an upgrade I would have expected them to already be installed.  Are you building a replacement server?  If so, be sure to validate that the versions of all components are supported by ThingWorx.  You can validate this information here.

Regards.

--Sharon

hi @slangley ,

For your information i have installed postgreSQL version 9.5.15, if i am upgrading is it ok to download the 

version you have mentioned in that post.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Deepak_Rahul.

Are you installing the newer version of ThingWorx on a different machine?  If so, you can download and install the latest version of PostgreSQL supported by the ThingWorx version you are planning to upgrade to.

If you are planning an upgrade of your existing system, I recommend backing up your system to ensure recovery if something goes wrong during the upgrade process. This would include database dumps, ThingWorx exports, and o/s level backups.  If you are running a VM, I would recommend creating a snapshot prior to making any changes to ensure full recovery, if needed.

Regards.

--Sharon

Thank you very much @slangley, your information was very helpful.

Regards,

Deepak Rahul

Top Tags