cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

TimeSeries Chart Plot

cmartis
4-Participant

TimeSeries Chart Plot

Hi Team,

We are plotting values of a property stored in value stream using a timeseries chart.

When there is data gap between the values the graph is represented linear ,but the requirement is to plot a step graph .

For example:

If value stream has values for a property abc as follows:

10:05 am    56.9

10:15 am    60.1

When a graph is plotted the graph would indicate a intermediate a value at 10:10 am,but we require that it represents 56.9 as the value has not changed yet.

Is there a setting by which we can achieve this 

Any pointer ASAP would be of great help

Thanks

Chaya

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:cmartis)

Since you don't have an actual value for that time, best is to not plot because it would be an 'assumption'.

How are you reading the data in? Is it being pushed in when the values change? Are you pulling the data?

If you are pulling the data, then I would make sure the interval is what you want and log values so you don't have empty slots.

If it is pushed, it is better to display actual received data, perhaps you can have the agent push in a more consistent fashion?

else it becomes a pretty 'big' programming job to extrapolate additional points. I think InfoTable Functions has a service for that, but I've never used it so I don't know what results you will get from it.

cmartis
4-Participant
(To:PaiChung)

Hi PaiChung,

>>How are you reading the data in? Is it being pushed in when the values change? Are you pulling the data?

We are pushing data to thingworx .It is be pushed for every 30 sec .

But since the data in source is not changed ,the value is sent with same timestamp each time we push .

>>think InfoTable Functions has a service 

Can you please let me know the service name 

Thanks

Chaya

Hello,

Actually a stepped timeseries graph it's not available on Standard TW, we have a custom extesion to do that. But if you want to get a similar result with Standard TW you can do the approach pointed out on this thread: 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Display-Time-series-chart-to-like-0-1-binary-clock-signal-graph/td-p/549789

Best Regards,

Carles.

Top Tags