cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Timeseries model does not stop training

azhylka
5-Regular Member

Timeseries model does not stop training

Hi!

I have submitted a timeseries model to Thingworx Analytics, and it has been running for a day without stopping. I have only about 4700 entries and look back size is 30, so it seems that should not take so long.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise any possible solutions or potential causes of such behaviour.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:azhylka)

Hi Andrey

30 is actually a large number for the lookback size. Given the way ThingWorx Analytics processes this internally that will lead to a lot of processing indeed.

You should look at lowering this. Normally you should be able to set this parameter to 0, and ThingWorx Analytics will automatically sample between a lookback size of 2 4 8 or 16 to find the most appropriate ... as you see this still remain much lower than your 30.

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:azhylka)

Hi Andrey

30 is actually a large number for the lookback size. Given the way ThingWorx Analytics processes this internally that will lead to a lot of processing indeed.

You should look at lowering this. Normally you should be able to set this parameter to 0, and ThingWorx Analytics will automatically sample between a lookback size of 2 4 8 or 16 to find the most appropriate ... as you see this still remain much lower than your 30.

Kind regards

Christophe

azhylka
5-Regular Member
(To:cmorfin)

Dear Christophe,

Thank you very much that helped.

Best regards,

Andrey

Top Tags