cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Timezone Conversion

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Timezone Conversion

I'm saving data in IST and butting getting other timestamp.

What could be the reason and resolution?

Pls refer below screenshot.

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi Tarun, from where are you getting this timestamp? is it sent by an Edge device? Where is the Thingworx server running? BTW is this a Stream/Value Stream?

Hi Sushant,

What do you mean by "Where"? Location/Timezone of machine?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Well ultimately that would be the question whats the location of ThingWorx server if its hosted or you have a local installation. But its also important to note where you getting those values from?

TWX is installed in Eastern Time Zone and Data is also coming from SQL (EST) only.

Whenever data is saved,it should be saved according to local timezone of the Browser (Data should be visible according to local time zone of the user).Isn't?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I believe you will have to convert the timezone based on the client's timezone so that it displays the local time, what it looks like to me is that the data is directly getting processed on the server side thus its picking up the timezone information of the server/or from where ever the data is getting pushed into ThingWorx server. It would hold the same if the data is being pushed by an edge device to a Stream/ValueStream - the timezone of the device will be picked up and transferred to the ThingWorx Server.

Top Tags