cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomcat Shutdown automatically in Thingworx 8 installiation

Highlighted

Tomcat Shutdown automatically in Thingworx 8 installiation

Hi Team,

we have installed thingworx 8  with PostgreSQL. we were facing issue when we start Tomcat,it get shutdown automatically.These are common  logs we are getting in Tomcat: and also i attached Tomcat logs.

15-Nov-2017 09:50:10.391 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath

installed version are followed below:

java : 1.8.0_131

Thingworx : 8.1.0

postgress : 9.4

tomcat :8.0.44

Thanks,

Dinesh

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tomcat Shutdown automatically in Thingworx 8 installiation

Could you please attach the application logs found in the ThingworxStorage/logs directory? My immediate guess is improper license application. Please ensure the path is specified in the tomcat Java settings and the license is fetched per the version - specific guide. Here's a link to a reference note Reference note on ThingWorx License application 7.4 vs 8.0 vs 8.1

Thanks for respone,

i have one doubt. Is that one username and Activation IDs for One Environment or Multiple environment ?

Regards,

DINESH

It depends on the specifics of your license and what it includes. It'd be best for you to contact your sales representative to go over the details.

Dinesh, have you set the  -Djava.library.path property  for Java?

Also, like Polina mentioned, helpful information for pinpointing different issues can often be found in the \ThingworxStorage\logs\ApplicationLog.log - could you share it?