cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Tree Grid Advanced 4.2.0 Row Selection does not work when isEditable property is Checked

mca66791
6-Contributor

Tree Grid Advanced 4.2.0 Row Selection does not work when isEditable property is Checked

Tree Grid Advanced 4.2.0 Row Selection does not work when isEditable property is Checked.

Steps to reproduce:

- Add Tree Grid Advanced widget (4.2.0) on your mashup

- Bind any data to it ( to be shown as in Tree structure)

- Check "isEditable" property in Widget's property window

- Now bind SelectedRows to any service

- Set property "RowSelection" to single/multiple 

Now, when you view your mashup, when data is displayed in Tree format. You can't select any row that means your SelectedRows and SelectedRowChanged are of no use.

And when isEditable property is unchecked, it allows you to select any row in the Grid.

This is working fine with Tree Grid Advanced 3.0.6, but not with 4.2.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @mca66791.

R&D advised this functionality is working as designed.

To explain.....isEditable is essentially the same as having EnableEditButtons checked and in edit mode. With isEditable enabled, this becomes a grid in "edit" mode,  so the whole row selection never happens.  On a side note, if you enable isEditable, the RowSelection property in design time would be hidden (since it's not applicable).

We're sorry that this is not the answer your wanted.

If you feel that your question has now been answered, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mca66791)

Hi @mca66791.

Which version of ThingWorx are you running?  Have you tested on other browsers to determine if the behavior is consistent?

Regards.

--Sharon

mca66791
6-Contributor

Hi Sharon.

I am using ThingWorx 8.3.3 version, and yes its consistent on all browsers.

If you can try above mentioned steps , you will be able to reproduce.

When isEditable is Checked, then Row selection does not work in Tree Grid Advanced 4.2.0 version. Earlier with version 3.0.6 it was working fine, but with older version making any column in the grid as Editable like to use it as Input field, is not possible.

My requirement, I need to allow row selection (and then passing selected rows to a service + making Grid as editable because I need to perform some operation on editing cells).

If we can get this version 4.2.0 fixed to allow selection also (I want to pass SelectedRows to a service to perform some actions, but because Selection does not work when isEditable is checked, I am unable to achieve both operations.

Also, please let me know if we have some event or way to pass the Expanded row reference to a service. When we expand, it does not generate any Event, hence I am not able to pass reference of Expanded row also.

Quick help will be really appreciated.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mca66791.

We're not recreating the issue you described.  Can you please either provide your mashup with some sample data or use the sample data that comes with the 4.2.0 extension for recreating the issue and provide that?

For your last question regarding generating an event when expanding a row, can you please confirm this is your intention?  Perhaps more explanation around your use case would help us understand.

Regards.

--Sharon

mca66791
6-Contributor

Hi Sharon,

I guess you can even check with Example given with TreeGridAdvanced extension 4.2.0 itself.

It has one mashup HierarchicalPartsFromService, which shows the data in Tree view. By default its isEditable property is not checked, hence it allows to select (mark RowSelection=Single) the row at runtime.

But when, I mark isEditable as Checked, and RowSelection=Single, then at runtime, It does not allow row Selection.

You can try same example even, which is given along with this extension itself.

And for second issue, I need to pass the expanded row details to a service. Do we have any event when user expands any row in Tree view of this extension? or any other way with which we can pass Expanded row values/reference to a service? 

mca66791
6-Contributor

Hi @slangley ,

To add more on this,

when isEditable property is checked, then row selection does not work. But when either isEditable is Unchecked or EnableEditButtons is checked, then row selection works fine.

aduarte
6-Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem with the advanced Grid, it's very anoying.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi .

Please check this post for more information related to this issue.  I will keep track of this post and advise the status once we receive further information on the internal case.

Regards.

--Sharon

aduarte
6-Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

Best regards,

Ana Duarte.

mca66791
6-Contributor
(To:aduarte)

Hi @slangley ,

Have you got any fix for this issue? This is a small bug but with big impact.

mca66791
6-Contributor

With this post link you gave us, passing and using selectedRows works fine but when isEditable property is unchecked. This was working earlier also.

The main issue w.r.t. this Post was, we are unable to select rows when isEditable is "checked".

We noticed, this issue comes up due to:

this._gridAdvanced.enableMarkedCells(this._editMode);

in grid-advanced-widget.js file of this extension.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mca66791.

This is an open issue with R&D, and there is currently no target date available.  As soon as additional information becomes available, we will post an update here.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @mca66791.

R&D advised this functionality is working as designed.

To explain.....isEditable is essentially the same as having EnableEditButtons checked and in edit mode. With isEditable enabled, this becomes a grid in "edit" mode,  so the whole row selection never happens.  On a side note, if you enable isEditable, the RowSelection property in design time would be hidden (since it's not applicable).

We're sorry that this is not the answer your wanted.

If you feel that your question has now been answered, please mark this response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags