cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Trigger autorefresh

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Trigger autorefresh

1. Can we trigger autorefresh using ServiceInvokecompleted of any service?? (without using refresh intervel)

2. While using autorefresh in cloud for every 10 mins, it is reloading all the services binded to the mashup right? If 500 users using same mashup simultaneously, it will slow down the server performance?? What issues we can expect from this scenario? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

AutoRefresh specifically ties to fire desired services, so it does not reload all services.

Your 'refresh event' is bound to whatever services you want it to bind to, only those services fire, bring back a payload and that is then reflected on the mashup.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

AutoRefresh specifically ties to fire desired services, so it does not reload all services.

Your 'refresh event' is bound to whatever services you want it to bind to, only those services fire, bring back a payload and that is then reflected on the mashup.

Is it will affect the performance if 500 users using same mashup which have autorefresh?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Each mashup runs on their specific client machine, so generally speaking the autorefresh is based on 'time elapsed' like 30 seconds. So it is unlikely that all 500 will trigger refresh at the exact same time. So in that respect I don't think performance should be affected.

Okay Thanks. I want autorefresh to be triggered for every 15 mins as well as if any particular serviceInvoke completed. Shall we use these 2 cases on single autorefresh.?

slangley
23-Emerald II

HI @AP_9587236.

The autorefresh is timer based, whereas the serviceInvokeComplete will need to be bound to whatever you want to refresh.  So basically, you will have refreshes running more often than every 15 minutes.  

For example:  If you have a value stream with frequently updating number property values, you can bind the QueryNumberPropertyHistory service to the autofresh event so that every 15 minutes it will refresh the values that have come in.  If you wanted to do something outside of that refresh cycle based on another service execution, you can use the ServiceInvokeComplete event to bind it to QueryNumberPropertyHistory instead of binding it to autorefresh.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236

To tack on to the previous responses, there are a number of factors that will affect performance such as memory allocated to java, number of cores, number of users logged in, network performance, etc.  Therefore, you need to stress test your solution to determine if tweaking will be needed for your specific situation prior to going live in production.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @AP_9587236

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags