cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Trouble Binding a Mashup Name to "TargetMashup" property on Navigation Function

eribbeck
6-Contributor

Trouble Binding a Mashup Name to "TargetMashup" property on Navigation Function

Here is the situation:

• I'm using a collection widget which displays a group of mashups for the user to select between (collection because different users will have different options)
  • The repeated mashup in the collection contains the mashup name (in text) and a button to "navigate" to that mashup. This button triggers a Navigation function on the contained mashup.
  • The contained mashup has a mashup parameter for the Mashup Name to navigate to, and I've bound that parameter to the "TargetMashup" property in the navigation function.
  • Clicking the button in the contained mashup of the collection is not sending me to the navigated page. 

What I've checked so far:

• Mashup trace is showing the Navigation function as "ServiceInvoked" but it is never completed. (screenshot attached showing the only two lines in mashup trace after clicking the button to navigate)
  • I've bound the Mashup Name mashup parameter to the "MissingMashupMessage" property of the Navigation function, and the mashup name appears in the message, so I know the parameter is there, and is being bound to the Navigation function - it just isn't being recognized as the TargetMashup. (the screenshot attached shows the bindings to both properties, but removing it from the missingmashupmessage does not effect the result...)
  • Yes, the mashup names being passed match EXACTLY to existing mashups.

Is this a defect/bug? Am I missing a step? Any and all help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
azoorob3
13-Aquamarine
(To:eribbeck)

Hi Eric,

This may not be ideal, but have you considered using the link widget instead?

Perhaps you can add a 'mashupURL' parameter to your contained mashup, and bind it to the link widget's LinkURL property. You can then hide this widget, and then bind the click event of your button to the Navigate service of the link widget. I have a feeling that this might be a good workaround.

Let me know if you are able to get it to work!

Regards,

Andrew

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
azoorob3
13-Aquamarine

Hi Eric,

This may not be ideal, but have you considered using the link widget instead?

Perhaps you can add a 'mashupURL' parameter to your contained mashup, and bind it to the link widget's LinkURL property. You can then hide this widget, and then bind the click event of your button to the Navigate service of the link widget. I have a feeling that this might be a good workaround.

Let me know if you are able to get it to work!

Regards,

Andrew

eribbeck
6-Contributor
(To:azoorob3)

Thanks, Andrew - this is a good workaround. The link widget is working to do the same.

Would still love if the "TargetMashup" property worked on the Navigation function...

azoorob3
13-Aquamarine

Glad to hear it's working! I've had the same issue as you in the past, so I'm hoping someone else knows why the TargetMashup property isn't working on the navigation function.

Andrew

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @azoorob3 @eribbeck.

Bindings to TargetMashup and TargetMashupType parameters not being applied, is a bug that will be addressed in ThingWorx 8.5.5.   This version is targeted for release within the next several weeks.

Regards.

--Sharon

azoorob3
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Thanks Sharon!

Appreciate the update.

Regards,

Andrew

bot1q
11-Garnet
(To:slangley)

Hello,

when is the planned release date of 8.5.5 and was the Issue adressed?

For me it is very important for many projects.

I have only two possibilities ... wait for the update, if the bug was addressed or dont use thingworx for the projects.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:bot1q)

Hi @bot1q.

ThingWorx 8.5.5 is targeted for release in late April.  That date, however, is subject to change.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @eribbeck.

If you feel your question has now been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags