cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Trouble with ContentLoaderFunction response

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

Trouble with ContentLoaderFunction response

I am making an REST call from a service back to the ThingWorx platform that is running the service.  The purpose of this service it to programmatically create a subscription (I am aware of the Dynamic Subscription services, but they do not work for my use case).  If I make the REST call from the subscription everything works, but the response I get from the REST call doesn't tell me anything.  This isn't really useful in the case there is an error.

How can I get the same response in my script that the Application Log and POSTMAN are getting (see below)?

Example (names cleared out):

Response from service test:

However, there was an error logged in the Application Log:

When I make the REST call from POSTMAN, it returns the same message as the Application Log:

Here is the script and the message that is logged in the Script Log:

2 REPLIES 2

Initial thought might be extend you wrapper service to combine the add and a check that the subscription is added correctly.

I have not looked into the details

Steve - I took your advice and handled this in the wrapper service by making the same REST call that I originally make to get the Thing data shape JSON.  This allows me to verify that the subscription was added, but if something does fail, I don't know what.

On another note, we are having the same issue when making REST calls to a BarTender print service.  The call is working and the labels are printing the but the content of the response is just  "{"headers":""}".  The response in BarTendder has much more data.  We'd like to have this response available in the service so we can display on a mashup why a print job failed.  Any ideas why this works in Postman, but not in ThingWorx?

TW Response and javascript:

Postman Response:

Top Tags