cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Try to create second kafka extention

AG_11031228
3-Visitor

Try to create second kafka extention

While i am trying to create one more Kafka extention its trying to delete the current kafka extention that is not required to me can any one help what is I am doing wrong 

KafkaThingExtensionPOC:1.1.3ExtensionPackage KafkaThingExtensionPOC:1.1.3 upload attempted and it is not an HA compatible extension.
 KafkaThingExtensionPOC:1.1.3Cannot update existing Extension Package [KafkaThingExtensionPOC] because it is trying to remove the following Entities that are still in use: [entity: KafkaProducer, used-by: Thing : KafkaThing]

I already have KafkaProducer i want to create new one with name KafkaProducerPOC any help appriciated

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The answer is in the error messages displayed: the new Extension is trying to remove the KafkaProducer (assuming it's template), because it's no longer present in the Extension. What exactly do you have in the 1.1.3 version of your extension in terms of Templates/Things? If KafkaProducer is not in there, then the system will try to remove it when you deploy the new version.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The answer is in the error messages displayed: the new Extension is trying to remove the KafkaProducer (assuming it's template), because it's no longer present in the Extension. What exactly do you have in the 1.1.3 version of your extension in terms of Templates/Things? If KafkaProducer is not in there, then the system will try to remove it when you deploy the new version.

Hi @AG_11031228 ,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.

Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
Announcements

Top Tags