cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Trying to refresh mashup

MC_10978167
4-Participant

Trying to refresh mashup

MC_10978167_0-1720092571919.png

The above general request grid is populated using a collection widget... now when clicked on
reopen button, a pop-up window will opened like below.

MC_10978167_1-1720092685474.png

On close of this pop-up window I would like to

refresh the grid.

I tried by binding the "windowClosed" event of the navigate function to refresh mashup in the collection widget mashup but the grid is not getting refreshed.....

MC_10978167_2-1720092756481.png

Would like to know if their is an alternative way to refresh the grid.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:MC_10978167)

Maybe bind the windowClosed event to the service that populates the grid.

Or bind the "RefreshRequested" event from the mashup to that service.

MC_10978167
4-Participant
(To:Rocko)

Lets say in mashup "A"  a collection widget is used, another mashup (let say mashup "B" : child mashup)  is used to populate the cells in the collection widget.

In mashup "B" we have a navigation function that allows for the window pop-up on button click. On closing the window pop-up I'm trying to refresh mashup "B" using window closed event but that's not working, I'm assuming its not working because its the collection widget child mashup.... I need help to re-populate the collection cells to show the latest data.

Rocko
17-Peridot
(To:MC_10978167)

What I was trying to say it that "refresh" itself does not run any services. You have to define what refresh should do. By re-running the service (you can test this by temporarily adding a button to do so manually) you will re-get the data from the server, causing the widgets to repopulate.

In case your events are not propagated, you can try to use a session variable for master-child communication https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/How-to-invoke-a-service-in-a-parent-mashup-from-child-mashup-in/m-p/935681

Hi @MC_10978167,

I wanted to follow up with you on your post to see if your question has been answered. 
If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. 
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please let the Community know so that we can continue to help you. 

Thanks,
Anurag

Top Tags