cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unable to communicate using the MySQL v8.0.12 JDBC driver

Timo697
12-Amethyst

Unable to communicate using the MySQL v8.0.12 JDBC driver

After installing the jdbc driver in ThingWorx, I could not get it to communicate with the MySQL server.  I set up the string settings the same as other MySQL versions.

- JDBC Driver Class Name:     com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

- JDBC Connection String:       jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test

- connectionValidationString:   SELECT NOW()

Has anyone else run into this issue?  If so, what was your solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Timo697)

If it's working with a different jdbc driver, then it's likely the driver issue. Unfortunately, nothing we can do from the platform side.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise

Please refer to the helpcenter configuration examples:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_8_hc/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FExtensibility%2FJDBCExtension%2FJDBCConfigurationExamples.html%23

What is the error you are getting when trying to connect right now? Application Log (found in Thingworx Storage/logs folder) would contain more details.

Timo697
12-Amethyst
(To:posipova)

There is no error displayed in the application log.  It installed fine.  It just won't connect.  That being said, I did get an error message when I created a sql query service and tried to browse the tables. 

Error Getting Tables : The connection property 'zeroDateTimeBehavior' acceptable values are: 'CONVERT_TO_NULL', 'EXCEPTION' or 'ROUND'. The value 'convertToNull' is not acceptable.

When I use an earlier JDBC driver (mysql-connector-java-5.1.47.jar), it connects just fine using the same connection strings mentioned earlier.

posipova
20-Turquoise

If it's working with a different jdbc driver, then it's likely the driver issue. Unfortunately, nothing we can do from the platform side.

Top Tags