cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Unable to enter data in for Analysis Job

laue
7-Bedrock

Unable to enter data in for Analysis Job

Hello,

currently, I am using Thingworx 8.2.3, Extension 8.2.2 and Analytics Server 8.2.1.

When I tried to create a new Job, I was not able to enter any data besides a value for a key for which I don't know what it is good for. What could be the reason for this?

I followed this tutorial: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_52/#page/thingworx_analytics_7%2Fthingpredictor%2Fthingpredictor-demo.html%23

Though, I used my own model, since it wasnt possible to download the demomodel.

Here is a picture of the "Input data Row Values" section:
Thanks,

Cedrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:laue)

Hi Cedrik

Could you elaborate a bit on why you were not able to download the demo model ? It would be best to use it for a first try to ensure all is working as expected.

At https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_52/#page/thingworx_analytics_7%2Fthingpredictor%2Fthingpredictor-demo.html%23

the step 3. reads:

3. Create a predictive model for computation. For the demo, you can use the sample predictive model provided here.

You should be able to right click on the word linked "here", Save Link As, and the JetEnginePredictiveModel.xml should be saved to your disk.

Is that not working for you ?

The Test UI is there to help for quick testing however it has got some limitation especially if field names are long, then value fields are not really usable.
If that is the case, the best is to test the model via a Thing and event mapping as described at step 6. Create a thing template by using the model that you created

This allows then to enter data through Composer which will provide a much better experience.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:laue)

Hi Cedrik

Could you elaborate a bit on why you were not able to download the demo model ? It would be best to use it for a first try to ensure all is working as expected.

At https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_52/#page/thingworx_analytics_7%2Fthingpredictor%2Fthingpredictor-demo.html%23

the step 3. reads:

3. Create a predictive model for computation. For the demo, you can use the sample predictive model provided here.

You should be able to right click on the word linked "here", Save Link As, and the JetEnginePredictiveModel.xml should be saved to your disk.

Is that not working for you ?

The Test UI is there to help for quick testing however it has got some limitation especially if field names are long, then value fields are not really usable.
If that is the case, the best is to test the model via a Thing and event mapping as described at step 6. Create a thing template by using the model that you created

This allows then to enter data through Composer which will provide a much better experience.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags