cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Unable to install Analytics Sever

liuq
6-Contributor

Unable to install Analytics Sever

I downloaded the Thingworx Analytics Trial from here: https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/downloads/analytics-trial-edition

My desktop runs Windows 10 Pro, and I installed Docker 17.09.0-ce as suggested in the Trial Edition Guide included in the package above.

Docker is tested with hello-world and returned an expected output. 

Then, I tried to run "AnalyticsTrialEdition-8.2.0-r3-windows-installer", but I failed when it tried to install Analytics Server. I guess it might be the reason that my Foundation is not up.

Instead running the bundle that installs the entire package at once, I installed each component one by one.

I installed "installer-twxfoundationH2-devzone-windows", and then "AnomalyDetectionServices-8.2.0-windows-installer". When I got to "ThingWorxAnalyticsServer-8.2.0-r4-windows-installer", it didn't seem be installed correctly. I have encountered following errors. And I didn't see any new Things created on my Thingworx composer.

failureAnalytics.PNG

failureAnalytics2.PNG

I have also attached the "install_summary".

Please help me out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:liuq)

Hi

Thank you for this.

Here is the issue:

under C:\Users\liuq\Downloads\Thingworx-Analytics-Trial-Edition-8-2-r3 (1)\ate-windows-installer-8.2.0-r3\AnalyticsTrialEditionInstaller\component_installers\component_installers

you have got 2 files.

You should have 11 of them.

So it appears the content is not correct.

Could you double check in the original zip file downloaded how many files do you have under this AnalyticsTrialEditionInstaller\component_installers\component_installer subfolders ?

You should have 11 files, if you do, try uncompressed again the original media and make sure that the resulting folder contains the expected 11 files.

If you still have 2 files on the original media, try re downloading  it

Thanks

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

You should not run the components installers individually.

Could you please uninstall everything, reboot the machine, then run the top level installer AnalyticsTrialEdition-8.2.0-r3-windows-installer.exe as Administrator.

If you get some issue with this, then upload a screenshot of the error and all the log files created under the installation directory (default C:\Program Files(x86)/ThingWorxAnalyticsTrialEdition

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

liuq
6-Contributor
(To:cmorfin)

Hi,

Thank you so much for your response.

I uninstalled every component and installed "AnalyticsTrialEdition-8.2.0-r3-windows-installer". It gave me an error shown in the following figure, then it aborted. I have also attached all the log files under "C:\Program Files (x86)\AnalyticsTrialEdition". 

failure1.PNG

Thanks,

Mandy

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Mandy

Could you do the following:

1) open a command prompt

2) in this command prompt navigate to the folder where you have the AnalyticsTrialEdition-8.2.0-r3-windows-installer.exe that you have executed that gives the error.

3) once in this directory execute dir /S > dir.txt

4) upload the dir.txt file created

Thank you

Kind rgeards

Christophe

liuq
6-Contributor

Hi,

Thanks again!

I have attached the txt file.

Sincerely,

Mandy

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

Thank you for this.

Here is the issue:

under C:\Users\liuq\Downloads\Thingworx-Analytics-Trial-Edition-8-2-r3 (1)\ate-windows-installer-8.2.0-r3\AnalyticsTrialEditionInstaller\component_installers\component_installers

you have got 2 files.

You should have 11 of them.

So it appears the content is not correct.

Could you double check in the original zip file downloaded how many files do you have under this AnalyticsTrialEditionInstaller\component_installers\component_installer subfolders ?

You should have 11 files, if you do, try uncompressed again the original media and make sure that the resulting folder contains the expected 11 files.

If you still have 2 files on the original media, try re downloading  it

Thanks

Kind regards

Christophe

liuq
6-Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for your help!

It was indeed that I was missing some files in the component_installers.

I re-unzipped the file and reinstalled.

Now I am facing a different error. It did not successfully install "ThingWorx Analytics Extensions".

I attached the install log file.

Thanks,

Mandy

==========================================================================

Hi,

I increased the RAM for Docker from 4GB to 8GB. Now I have installed the Analytics Trail.

Then, I faced another problem. I did not see any Analytics Server Things created shown on the Composer. I have attached the new log files.

serverThing1.PNG

serverThing2.PNG

I checked the Article CS271012(https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS271012&posno=1&q=can%20see%20analytics%20things&source=search).

It didn't show any change.

Sincerely,

Mandy

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Mandy

I am a little confused with your last post.

Do I understand right that all has been installed apparently ok, including the extension ?

For the Things not being created, could you send the output of:

docker ps -a

docker logs edgems > edge.log and send us the edge.log file created.

Thank you

Christophe

liuq
6-Contributor

Hi Christophe,

I have installed every component including Extension after increasing the RAM.

Still, I was't able to see the Things created on the Composer, but I am able to create a Thing directly on the Composer as Administrator.

I have attached the two log files as you requested. 

In edge.log, I noticed that I have encountered similar error as Article CS273311 (https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS273311).

However, I am not sure how to follow the Workaround. My docker IP address is 10.0.75.0.

What's more, I also checked this post (https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/ThingWorx-Trial-Edition-Analytics-Server-Things-missing/m-p/552265), where the problem was that the firewall blocked the ip address. I checked mine using netstat -a -n, the result is shown below. I believe my ports are working fine.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

nestat.PNG

Thanks a lot,

Mandy

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Mandy

When you log into Composer what do you sue for the URL ?

On the same machine as the trial Edition is installed, could you open a browser and access http://10.0.75.1:8080 /Thingworx are you able to access ?

Could you try, for a test, to stop your Windows Firewall on the server machine and restart the trial Edition.
Then check the edge.log to see if there are still the ConnectTimeoutException.

If stopping the firewall does not help, can you try updating docker ? I see at https://forums.docker.com/t/intermittent-connection-failures-between-docker-containers/46183  that similar exception were received and has been resolved after updating to docker 17.12 ... you are running 17.09, so maybe that will help too.

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

liuq
6-Contributor

Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for replying.

I finally managed to turn off the firewall of my desktop. Now I can see the "Things" created.

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

Mandy

Top Tags