cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to read thing / invisible things

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Unable to read thing / invisible things

Hey,

I made a service which will create new instances of a template with all you have to do (create via EntityServices, enable, restart). My script had an error (instead use Things[Name].RestartThing() I wrote Things[Name].Restart() which doesn't work).

I testet this scribt (before I saw the error) and it show me the error. I replace Restart() with RestartThing() and the script works fine.

Now I will export my project but I get an error "Unable to read thing : heiss : null" (heiss is the name of the thing I just create with by testing before i saw the error). The thing is not visible in the list of things but it's exists somewhere.

I tried to delete the thing via EntityServices -> DeleteThing but its will not work.

Logs in Application Log by trying to delete the thing:

ErrorCode(36d55fde-4526-4101-8492-5bed98d5a095), Cause(null), Reason(Access was attempted on a null reference variable.), Possible Resolutions(Remove the reference to the null variable within your extension code.)

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@16e28516][message: Unable to Invoke Service DeleteThing on EntityServices : null]

I think that the thing is somewhere registered but where? And how can I delete it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant,

a colleague helps me, so that I can not test your way. But thanks

The colleague made a new service which call the EntityServices --> DeleteThing and this works (strange O.o).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:drichter)

Hi David, i am not sure but this sort of sound like you now have a GhostEntity. To confirm this you could use the Ghost Entity extension from the ThingWorx IoT Marketplace

It'll add a resource and from that you can use the GetGhostEntities service. Note while executing this service if you are not enabling the deleteGhosts then this should list all the GhostEntities from the system

drichter
14-Alexandrite
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant,

a colleague helps me, so that I can not test your way. But thanks

The colleague made a new service which call the EntityServices --> DeleteThing and this works (strange O.o).

Top Tags